APC Forum

Finally, I have myself a star roller...

warthog

At long last my roller arrived via UPS on Friday. I haven't had a chance to mess with it beyond turning it on and such but I am looking forward to it for sure. Here are a few of the main features that make this roller a real dream. On this side you can see the control switches.

post-11291-0-29105600-1336932420_thumb.jpg

There is a lighted Master Power switch, a switch to make the drum spin either clockwise or CCW, another switch to make the drum go slow or fast, also a circuit breaker to keep me from getting shocked to death by it. Finally there is an accessory switch which controls a 12 volt circuit that is in place already so that in the event I want to add say, a light, I can do this easily. He also provided me with an extra hub so I can add another drum to the roller should I find the need.

post-11291-0-20007500-1336932456_thumb.jpg

I am going to take a fine grit sand paper and rough up the inside of the drum to make this easier to use. I am going to try it before I do that once though just because it isn't easy to undo.

post-11291-0-49796500-1336932429_thumb.jpg post-11291-0-58652700-1336932439_thumb.jpg

I am also happy to say that he gave me some sorting screens to go along with the roller so that once aI get myself making round stars, I can sort them easier so that aI can use them in shells better.

post-11291-0-30474400-1336932467_thumb.jpg

Finally, as I used to shoot a LOT of skeet when my back allowed me to twist without pain, I wound up with some 250 pounds of #9 lead shot plus another 100 pounds of #8 and 50 for #6. I am told the #6 is a bit large for this purpose but even so I wind up with 350 pounds of usable lead cores! Considering the scale I operate on, this should last me more than my whole life.

very nice :D might I ask where you got the roller?

well, originally he asked me not to tell but he just emailed me to say I was able to say now...

Derrick of the Mumpyro team in South Dakota made this for me. However in order to find out a price you will have to ask him.

I am not sure if he will even make another one but he did say that in the slow season he may well do so. So once summer is over, perhaps then you can get one from him too.

That was nice of him. Have fun rolling stars.

That was nice of him. Have fun rolling stars.

Darn skippy it was! I am pretty happy with it and I wish I could adequately thank him too.

Derrick is one f the really good guys in this hobby.

i figured it was from him. the screens gave it away ;)

Very nice. I hope we can buy star rollers in Europe too, soon. :) Edited by Potassiumchlorate