APC Forum

stained concrete

madmandotcom

i am wondering if there is any way two get the stains of general pyro out of concrete? thank you

i am wondering if there is any way two get the stains of general pyro out of concrete? thank you

A Jack hammer!! :lol:

BJV

Were you the one that was also wondering how to get pyro stains out of your carpeting too?

Strong detergent and a pressure washer, or just let the weather and time take care of it. Besides it is driveway art and why would you want to remove it?

Do not use muriatic acid in any concentration. It will etch the concrete and then you will really have a permanent eyesore.

Were you the one that was also wondering how to get pyro stains out of your carpeting too?
\

no, that was madmax and aluminium

thanks everyone-except dag

Strong detergent and a pressure washer, or just let the weather and time take care of it. Besides it is driveway art and why would you want to remove it?

Do not use muriatic acid in any concentration. It will etch the concrete and then you will really have a permanent eyesore.

Muriatic acid is the norm for concrete cleaning, there are a million concrete pools that are cleaned with a strong solution every year. It also preps the floor for overcoatings like epoxy as well. Pressure washers pop rocks and leave etchings as well.

-dag

In the hands of the inexperienced a pressure washer can permanently damage masonry, whether it is a driveway or brickwork. With the correct pressure and nozzle it is the recommended method. I have been personally involved in the concrete business for over thirty years and I can assure you that muriatic acid is not the "go to" product for cleaning concrete. The reason it is used to prep floors for epoxy coatings is because it reacts with the cement and essentially dissolves the surface layer. The vast majority of masonry cleaning products no longer contain hydrochloric acid. Do a little research and be enlightened.

When I had to prep concrete swimming pools in the Spring, we used pressure washers and sulfuric acid. Most of the stains we had to clean were caused by hard water and rotting leaves during the winter. I couldn't say if it was the "right" way, but it was what we were told to do to earn our paychecks before the season opened.

Why not stain the concrete with a color/finish that will hide any stains from your pyro chemicals.

Concrete can be stained to look like marble if you want it to. It has turned into quite an art form.

Does anyone know how to remove pyro stains from your shorts after a shell cato's in the tube?

:-)