APC Forum

What steps does one take...

stckmndn

In light of recent developments, have you changed anything? I've spent some time thinking about mobility and separation of certain items. I've foregone certain tooling due to it's bulk. A plate is tiny compared to a roller and so on. I would very much like to hear from our friend regarding his predicament. Does anyone have anything to add?

removable 'pyro' computer drive running default boot up when plugged in, and backup internal drive 'innocent' with just normal files.pyrodrive removed and hidden when leaving house. 2ninja.gif Edited by Anarchy08

was wondering the same thing unless this is about the new version of SOPA that was just thrust down out throats where it is lodged next to the Patriot Acts I & II as well as Obamacare and just darn near everything else we now have to put up with in the name of "Safety" & "Fairness"..... Edited by warthog

I don't think even that would help. You'd also need to elect an appropriate congress and kill off all f the Supreme Court judges so they could be replaced, not to mention the Federal Appellate court circuit judges. The inertia in our system is immense where real change is concerned. That is used to a good thing but since the BAD choices have been happening for so very long now, it is what is killing us.

Even if you could "revamp the ideology of the system" by putting others in place, there is the whole problem of knowing ho will actually do what the say they will do. The real problem is something most folks don't really grasp and that is the whole idea of a professional politician. There was a time in this country when good men were elected to office very nearly against their will. They have been referred to as "Gentleman Politicians" in some history tomes. These men were found in everyday jobs that they were perfectly happy doing and wanted to make their careers. They were simply called to serve their country for a term or two in an elected position, then they eagerly left office to return to the careers they truly wanted to do, their old jobs. Then they were replaced by the next person to be called to serve in this capacity. In this way our politicians were well versed in "Real Life" and also had a stake in wanting it to remain sane since they fully intended to return to ""Real Life". This kept the system lean and mean instead of bloated with millions of lifetime bureaucrats (the real inertia in our system) and fewer needless regulations and laws. The country ran smoothly and people were required to take responsibility for their own actions. This is the Era in our country's history that made us the "best and the brightest" and a place where people wanted to immigrate so they could live the American Dream.

It wasn't until we got the Professional Politician that things slowly changed to make this a place where people immigrated, legally or not, so they could live off of the sweat of the working man's back. When we became the place where they system was easily manipulated so that generations of folks could claim to be "Needy"" and make this an actual career path, The Powers That Be were able to manipulate them easily by threatening their dole status. This VOTING block would then have a stake in keeping the status quo and so the Professional Politician was born.

This is a really basic model of what I see as the problem so I do make some really broad statements that don't ALWAYS apply. There are certainly cases where people of genuine need should be cared for is one area I don't address. So like I say, this is just a sketch of "The Problem" as I se it in the United States as I see it.

A revolution would of course be the best, but for the time being one can always vote for the least evil. ;)

Not calling for a revolution so please don't put words in my mouth.

Wow, if you don't call this a revolution, then what would it be?

"I don't think even that would help. You'd also need to elect an appropriate congress and kill off all f the Supreme Court judges so they could be replaced, not to mention the Federal Appellate court circuit judges. The inertia in our system is immense where real change is concerned. That is used to a good thing but since the BAD choices have been happening for so very long now, it is what is killing us."

I call it my theory and not a call to action. See the words, ELECT A CONGRESS?? As for the Judges, it is how they are replaced since they rarely retire and I never said it was what we should do, only that it is what is needed in order to change the system.

If you don't agree with my thoughts, then say so rather than quibble over semantics.

Otherwise, I believe I am done here. :)

May I ask how many of you complaining are actually eligible to vote in the USA and are citizens here?

I know that the original inciter isn't. (not the OP mind you, try reading my words)

Edited by warthog

Two words - term limits. For congress, that is. Nobody gets to serve more than two terms in any kind of public office - two house, two senate, two president, or any two mixed. Obama would be single term because he already had a senate seat, and Romney wouldn't even be running. Then there's Newt Gingrich (I lost count of his terms), or Santorum, who was fired as senator by his own constituents. OMG it would be Cain - he's the only one qualified.

It's a very popular idea in the country, but the Supreme Court has ruled the various attempts to introduce it by state laws unconstitutional. Personally I believe the Supreme Court should be term limited also. Can you imagine the state we'd be in if some pharma company discovered an immortality pill?

I couldn't agree more Peret and it is the crux of what I said earlier.

NO MORE PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS!

warthog, you just blew my mind with your theory. Brilliant. This would be more than helpful in Europe, where everything is going to hell right now. It set my mind in to a ''think mode'' one of the things most people have forgotten about and the people in charge love that.

warthog, you just blew my mind with your theory. Brilliant. This would be more than helpful in Europe, where everything is going to hell right now. It set my mind in to a ''think mode'' one of the things most people have forgotten about and the people in charge love that.

;)

post-11329-0-80063300-1336068949_thumb.jpg

Edited by Potassiumchlorate

I am glad I could help. :)

It is important to be in Think Mode.

In light of recent developments, have you changed anything? I've spent some time thinking about mobility and separation of certain items. I've foregone certain tooling due to it's bulk. A plate is tiny compared to a roller and so on. I would very much like to hear from our friend regarding his predicament. Does anyone have anything to add?

What recent developments? I can't think of anything fireworks related, are you talking about recent specific or general infringements on our rights?

Stuff like this?

Personally, I'm not too worried about my online activity in the sense of "they" using it to find me. Mainly because I only mfg. at club events.

I suppose anything you use online could be used during a prosecution though, that is a given. However, I am not too worried about it leading to one.