APC Forum

Screw up of the day

Short5

Yea, would really like it if this stuff wasn't posted here. Had a bad night just from the discussion form the last video.

-dag

Yea, would really like it if this stuff wasn't posted here. Had a bad night just from the discussion form the last video.

-dag

Sorry, that's why I put a warning. Full disclosure there, don't clicky if you don't like. I posted it because it is really not a gore video and shows how quick what seems simple can go bad. Hopefully the people that have never blown up or seen it will think twice if they see the repercusions.

always did think that was a pretty poor excuse for a humorous cartoon....

There is so much gore on the internet that this doesn't even phase me anymore...

That one wasn't nearly as bad as the last. Even so, there's really no need to post this sort of thing here, at least not frequently.

This happened about 3 years ago. The guy in the video posted this video himself and had a long speech about what happened and the after effects. He didn't lose any fingers but the explosion did break several along with damaging some tendons and causing burns and puncture wounds. The video doesn't show because of the flash but in his video you can see the cracker did not explode in his hand. He was able to let it go and it exploded inches away. Either they used the wrong speed fuse or some leaking flash powder/poor sealing of the fuse caused the premature ignition. He says it was a bad fuse but had lit many others like it during that week. This leads me to believe that it was a flashover cause by leakage not the fuse since as we know fuse comes in a roll not individual fuses. The chance that a small section was fast is unlikely.