APC Forum

1lb BP Rockets w/ 3" Headers

ibizon

Overall, I'm pleased. The delays were a bit long for the size header they were lifting. I used the standard 1 ID of delay I use on my salute rockets, but with the added weight, many of the shells were on their way down when they broke. I'll take it down to 1/2 or 2/3 ID for the next batch to see if that solves that problem.

All motors are nozzle-less 1lb 75/15/10 BP on universal tooling. Shells were paper hemis broke with 6/1 bp hulls; no booster.

The second half of the video is my 4" cylinder shells.

Overall, I'm pleased. The delays were a bit long for the size header they were lifting. I used the standard 1 ID of delay I use on my salute rockets, but with the added weight, many of the shells were on their way down when they broke. I'll take it down to 1/2 or 2/3 ID for the next batch to see if that solves that problem.

All motors are nozzle-less 1lb 75/15/10 BP on universal tooling. Shells were paper hemis broke with 6/1 bp hulls; no booster.

The second half of the video is my 4" cylinder shells.

Other then the long delay they looked good to me.

Dont beat your self up over the delay time, as long as it's all burnt before it hits the floor thats a good shell.

Nice variety of shells and some great colours, well done!!

The shells were all very nice, you can just add some Al to your 75:15:10 for delay, it looks pretty much the same as the D1 at that distance but burns at 3 seconds an inch, giving you just about the right timing. You can use some more reactive charcoal for more zip to your rockets if you want more height before they pop to.

-dag

• 1 year later...