APC Forum

About This Scale

Wiley

To me this looks like a cheap scale of the kind coming from the East as a mass product. This does not say anything, but maximum load and accuracy is not the whole story. Look for something durable that can be calibrated, preferably with an AC kit for energy supply.

You can also spend 200 bucks for a scale with the exact same specs. There must be some cuts you don´t see at first glance.

• 1 month later...

To me this looks like a cheap scale of the kind coming from the East as a mass product. This does not say anything, but maximum load and accuracy is not the whole story. Look for something durable that can be calibrated, preferably with an AC kit for energy supply.

You can also spend 200 bucks for a scale with the exact same specs. There must be some cuts you don´t see at first glance.

Personally I am not a fan of .1g scales. I prefer .01g scales.

I'll take an opposite view! These scales die when filled with airfloat dust that covers the circuit board. So a cheap scale is fair -bin it when it dies.

I'd not want to have a kilo of mix around but the 1000g x 0.1g is fine for accuracy.

Only negative point is that the weighing platform is rather small for a kilo of powder