APC Forum

3" TIGERTAIL TO YANKIE FLASHER

thunderboy

Finally some sucess with tt to yankie flasher

First time blown blind except for 2 stars...... second time time fuse failure.................third timeblown blind......... primed them with KP and finally everything worked except only half of them lit.

Don't know if i will do them again maybe #6 to yankie flasher this TT has way to much work involed, but not for now.

Got a 50 shot at the end of April ol Lady turns 50 yeah, and if we keep getting rain will do a 70 shot for 4th of July, so with 120 shot comming up in the next couple of months, gotta work on what works.

Oh i did add alittle tail to it, never have been into tails lol

Edited by thunderboy

Looks good. The tiger tails had a nice solid, stream like color to them. I just made my first tiger tail but haven't sent it up yet. Good luck!

Looks good. The tiger tails had a nice solid, stream like color to them. I just made my first tiger tail but haven't sent it up yet. Good luck!

I loked the tiger tails, they looked nice. I don't really know what to be looking for with the Yankee Flasher, I assume it is a strobe white star? If so it did have a bit of flashing white for the merest second right at the very end of the tails. Maybe you are just not putting enough of the Yankee Flasher into this changer, perhaps if you made the cores just a bit bigger you might get more flashing?

I would even say move up to a 6 inch shell so you can make the stars nice and fat. More comp for the middle and for the tails. How can that be a bad thing? ;)

The break was nice enough, have you moved to paper shells yet or was this one still a plastic hemi?

I can hardly wait for Lent to end! biggrin2.gif

60/30/10/10 first make the meal then granulate very small the star should be fuzzy not to coarse ,its a fine line.After granulation shake in 10 percent silicon,trust me anything will light except silver stars.No need for mag or magnalium or al just silicon

I loked the tiger tails, they looked nice. I don't really know what to be looking for with the Yankee Flasher, I assume it is a strobe white star? If so it did have a bit of flashing white for the merest second right at the very end of the tails. Maybe you are just not putting enough of the Yankee Flasher into this changer, perhaps if you made the cores just a bit bigger you might get more flashing?

I would even say move up to a 6 inch shell so you can make the stars nice and fat. More comp for the middle and for the tails. How can that be a bad thing? ;)

The break was nice enough, have you moved to paper shells yet or was this one still a plastic hemi?

I can hardly wait for Lent to end! biggrin2.gif

the yankie flasher is my core, its just a look gold to quick white flash.

just alot of work ball milling this for 4 hours.

yes it was all paper, i'm only useing plastic for boomers.

LOL did you give up fireworks for lent????

60/30/10/10 first make the meal then granulate very small the star should be fuzzy not to coarse ,its a fine line.After granulation shake in 10 percent silicon,trust me anything will light except silver stars.No need for mag or magnalium or al just silicon

I'll have to give that a try.

Yeah, I gave upPyro for Lent. You're supposed to pick something you love...