APC Forum

The young Captain Hook

Peret

i fell bad for him, but what an idiot. i never throw, i walk or run away, also, when i do bigger explosions (like spliting logs) i use electric ignition. if i would be stupid enought to do HE, i would buy 200m of cable, and bags of sand. anyway, i didn't watched the video, and never did bigger explosion than 50grams of BP. even it was successfull, it was bit scary, fireworks are more awesome than HE.

• 4 years later...
Welcome to the APC forum, dewee. You do realize that you're replying to a 4 1/4 year old post? Perhaps you can make your 2nd post in the introductions thread, and tell us a little about yourself and your aspirations in pyro. Again, welcome.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
He loaded the shell upside down.

I thought it was a crazy Roman candle malfunction but looked to powerful.

On second inspection I think you are correct.

Who the fuck is stupid enough to hold the launching tube?!?

Edited by greenlight
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Those who don't deal well with blood and gore might want to skip page 9 of that PDF, otherwise it's a sobering reminder of what can happen when things go wrong. While I have sympathy for him, anyone who can make such a device should really know better than to light it like that. Looks like he had a firing unit too.

Exactly what I was thinking. I’m an explosive technician and have never once seen, heard of or even hand lit even a microgram of HE. I’m baffled he didn’t use them, he had them sitting right there

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
Greetings all. Newbie to this forum. Saw this video years ago and stumbled upon it again recently. What kind of wick do you folks think this poor chap used that made the explosive detonate to quickly? Obviously it was not the correct one!