APC Forum

PyroGuide, who's site is it?

warthog

I am curious as to who supposedly runs PyroGuide? There hasn't been any work done there for ages. You can sign up to be a member so that you can edit pages yourself, since it is a Wiki, but they are all locked down administratively so even if you wanted to give a hand, you can't. None of the available methods for communication even work there and I certainly can't find a link to anyone to email.

While I am certainly no expert, I could add a little content to the place. I do learn more and more each day as well so that as time passes, more could be added. I have time on my hands that I use as constructively as possible but I can't do much pyro in the dark since I work outdoors so I thought I might spruce the place up a bit. There are tutorials there that have been under construction and/or lacking pictures of what is being done for going on 6 years now. All say, to be finished shortly. I guess they have a different definition of shortly?

So if it is essentially a dead Wiki, why leave it there? A wiki is supposed to grow. It is a community effort that could become an incredible asset to the hobby if people were actually allowed to help out. I am sure I am not the first person who genuinely wanted to add legitimate information there. If there wound up being too much trouble with Boomers & SPAM for the Ad mins to handle so they just threw up their hands and locked it all down and walked away it sort of makes no sense to me to continue to pay the hosting fees to leave it there.

Anyway, those are m y thoughts on the subject.