APC Forum

New video on making black powder coated rice hulls.

hegilliam

Hey, we just uploaded a new YouTube video on Ned Gorski's latest project on making the world's greatest black powder coated rice hulls. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh0D6CBjZcU. There's a link there to the blog. Leave a comment and tell me if this is the kinda stuff you want us to keep making.

has anyone seen the shit on passfire over Hg markeding his product services and wealth of info ,man those over there have to get rid of those bad vibes.Im smart enough to know bad apples dont spoil all the fruit but for those who dont think my way, well I hope you read this!Skylighter's info is FREE for all to use dont like their prices fine dont shop with them.Show me those without sin,they can condemn but not those with sin.Oh when you meet a none sinner let me know I want to be his friend! Jeff Evans(allrocketspsl)profession: salesman and proud of it Edited by allrocketspsl

I have bowed out on lots of discussion pertaining to Harry's sales primarily due to the nay-saying that follows due to what is often high pricing and personality issues others have had with Harry. I personally read my first Skylighter article when I got an email from a buddy about this following text.

I Asked God For Help

I saw this posting from Cal Chisholm in the Florida Pyrotechnic Arts Guild's mailing list and couldn't resist sharing it here. Cal says the "Doles" wrote the top part. Since I am not pineaptically well-connected, I didn't bother asking them AND Cal for permission to use it.

I asked God to grant me patience.

God said, "No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is earned."

I asked God to give me happiness.

God said, "No. I give you blessings. Happiness is up to you."

I asked God to give me 20 pounds of Italian perc.

God said, "No. I will have my agent, Harry, sell you some of his Chinese perc., you silly jerk!"

I begged God to let my rockets fly.

God said, "No."

Instead, God sent a piece of my rocket casing into my eye.

I demanded that God be fair with me and help me cop some visco.

God said, "No. You don't have any Italian perc. You have casing in the eye. The last thing you need is more visco. What you really need my son is to wash the A.P. out of the coffee grinder before you brew any more coffee, and get the quick drying baker's dozen cherry bombs out of the oven, and quit praying to me until you get your act cleaned up.

Or, you're going to be seeing me sooner rather than later."

-dag

Edited by dagabu

has anyone seen the shit on passfire over Hg markeding his product services and wealth of info ,man those over there have to get rid of those bad vibes.Im smart enough to know bad apples dont spoil all the fruit but for those who dont think my way, well I hope you read this!Skylighter's info is FREE for all to use dont like their prices fine dont shop with them.Show me those without sin,they can condemn but not those with sin.Oh when you meet a none sinner let me know I want to be his friend! Jeff Evans(allrocketspsl)profession: salesman and proud of it

What bugs me the most about that particular conversation is that most of the nay-sayers in that thread defend every other capitalist venture a few forum sections down. Funny how their opinion turns when it is someone hawking pyro goods instead of a banker. - end rant-

Personally, I find Ned's articles and videos most helpful. I don't always have someone experienced to help me out and the step by step videos are the next best thing.

Edited by nater

• 10 months later...
Sometimes I think Harry sends out his ton of email "specials" just to bug the naysayers. He does have a business and employees after all. The stories are starting to get too wacked out though. The "parking lot screens pimp" had me shaking my head.. Edited by Bobosan

I poke fun at the recent skylighter ad emails and may have been a bit harsh on occasion but I have no problem with them. I still buy when I need small qty of something and I'm glad they are around for that. I do have to commend them on the fact that things seem to get here before I even order them.

This morning I awake to find an interesting email from Skylighter. Seems they are making a movie about fireworks.....and the movie title?...... (insert drum roll here)......PassFire! :lol: Edited by Bobosan

Yes, I found that funny as well. Harry posted it on the Skylighter list as well as some of the club lists. However he did say it wasn't their video, they are just helping to support it.

As far as the rice hulls tutorial, I actually liked it quite a bit. I like anything with lots of pretty pictures.

I use riced powder for almost everything, since I mostly build cylinder shells. However I'm curiously considering experimenting with hulls as many have reported success. Lightening up those shells sure wouldn't be a bad thing!

I've been following Harry for years, he doesn't know me, but we have had many conversations on the phone. Everyone must remember he is running a business, and times are hard. He is just trying to keep the doors open, and I salute him for trying to do so. We also must remember there are many "avenues" to obtain chemicals which are not abiding by the law, and Harry is.

I'm not saying he is the best priced vendor, nor the nicest guy (not saying he is isn't either......). I own a business, and I know how hard it is to keep the income, incoming. Please try to give him a little slack.......unless you have a legitimate complaint against him (customer complaint). If so.....do that in private, it makes you look so much better.

PT

Edited by propellanttech

Don't think anyone is dissing Harry on APC, at least in this thread. Speaking for myself, I appreciate the quick service and the daily specials he offers not to mention the tutorials to help get you started in the right direction. It's forums like this one, PassFire, PyroUniverse and many others that offer other finer points of this hobby that Skylighter doesn't go into.

As propellanttech said, they are in business to sell product and keep the doors open. The tuts and instruction blogs are an added benefit and some of the sales pitches can be quite humourous.

• 3 weeks later...

Regardless of what folks have to say about Harry I found it to be a fairly well done video. He provided all the concepts in a simple straight-forward manner; the only drawback was the pushing of skylighter every chance he got, which is to be expected. Only other complaint was the classic powerpoint pitfall: reading from the slides.

So yes, please, keep making more videos. One's like this and perhaps some not like this, but video format is always preferred personally so I subscribed.