APC Forum

go-getter rockets?

shagaKahn

Anybody ever tried these? Not go-getters in a rocket header but actual go-getter inserts with a stick attached and fired as a bottle-rocket?

Posted this query in a perhaps long-dead thread in the Newbie questions section and thought I'd share it here.

Some of the most fun I've had in ages building these little gems. Inspiration was an article at skylighter about a way to test your go-getter inserts to make sure they'd work before building a shell--but just like Harry Gilliam there says, I end up shooting them all up before I ever get 'round to the shell.

Article: http://www.skylighter.com/fireworks/Go-Getter-Stars.asp

Have since been experimenting with quite a few star comps to see how many yield a zippy enough fuel actually to launch a rocket. Ralph on that Newbie thread suggested that Shimizu's Brilliant Core might work as a go-getter comp; have a couple of rockets with that fuel drying--along with color variations using straight Al, or straight Mg, or Mg/Al as fuel.

No biggy I guess--except it's a rush to launch emerald-green and road-flare-red-burning rockets--and soon I hope: blue. (Vids to follow next test).