APC Forum

Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas: Spring 2012 events

asilentbob

Documents Attached!

The Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas (PAT, Fireants) is a very small club with great members. I'd encourage any Texas APC members to go if they can and meet some fellow Texas pyros. This is also an opportunity to get two 1.3g sign offs, one for each event. Come early if you want a sign off as the great majority of the club helps with the set up of the displays so they tend to get completely set up extremely quickly. You can register your membership and/or register for the events on site, costs are covered in the membership application.

This line up of activities sounds great. I may be able to go to the second Canyon Lake day. I have tickets to a beer festival the first day :wacko: . I'm not sure what I'll have going on around time for the second event.

Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas - Spring 2012 Events Flyer.pdf

The Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas Inc membership 2012.doc

So glad to see something going on with this club. Won't be able to attend the Canyon Lake event but really hope to go to and join at the Caddo Mills event. Heres hoping for a decently wet May.

Definitely going to Canyon Lake...Great folks and a beautiful place with lots of room right next to the lake. As an added bonus the entire lake loves the shows and shows their support :D Here's a vid from about 1/2 mile away of our NYE show at the Canyon Lake shoot site to give ya'll an idea what the view is like from around the lake...

http://youtu.be/c-WqribtrOU

BTW if we need USACE clearance for 12"+ shells I might be able to pull some strings to use the right of ways around the lake.

Hopefully I can squeeze in Caddo as well, but I'll be doing a big shoot in MI the week after so I'll have to play it by ear.

Finally!!! I am so amped finally seeing some activity here. I thought the club died out. I would definitely love to get involved in the caddo mills event!

Now that I see how close Canyon Lake is, I may possibly be able to go to the Canyon Lake event if I can find someone to drive me, I'll just probably be a little late.

Very reasonable prices, hope to see some media about this event sometime.

Do any Texans here know how hard it is to get a manufacturing license in Texas? If it wasn't for family I'd move there now...

Very reasonable prices, hope to see some media about this event sometime.

Do any Texans here know how hard it is to get a manufacturing license in Texas? If it wasn't for family I'd move there now...

I don't know how hard it is but I do know that Texas requires there own license as well as the ATF license. A manufacturing license runs $1250 a year. $1000 plus $250. The $250 is for the Fireworks Safety and Education Program, as required by the 76th legislature. The price is what's keeping me from trying currently. Still one day I hope to get it.

• 2 weeks later...

This all looks interesting im in the dfw area but might have to make the drive

I don't know how hard it is but I do know that Texas requires there own license as well as the ATF license. A manufacturing license runs $1250 a year. $1000 plus $250. The $250 is for the Fireworks Safety and Education Program, as required by the 76th legislature. The price is what's keeping me from trying currently. Still one day I hope to get it.

In Texas you don't need any license to make as a hobby only for manufacturing or tansporting.

In Texas you don't need any license to make as a hobby only for manufacturing or tansporting.

I know that. Lol! I was just replying to PersonGuyDude's post.

Awesome, thanks for both your posts!

Now I just need to find a remote area of Texas that doesn't burn easily, :whistle:.

Distilling a mass of tangled federal, state, county, and area laws that may or may not apply to someone whose situation you don't necessarily know... to a single sentence is a bit reckless.

Distilling a mass of tangled federal, state, county, and area laws that may or may not apply to someone whose situation you don't necessarily know... to a single sentence is a bit reckless.

Well, your a wealth of info........ do tell

I'm no lawyer. I don't have to time or inclination to meet with JFeve81 or PersonGuyDude to learn of their specific situations, and even if I did so, I could not advise them to any legal end. IE how close they are to roads, rail roads, power lines, airports, and misc other important details. Is all this moot because your local fire marshal is an asshole or some other official would make your life hell? I don't wish to spend the time looking up all the possible applicable and contradicting laws and regulations on the federal, state, and local level. Are compositions and fireworks going to be transported at all? Are compositions and fireworks going to only be made and used on the same day on site? Are any live compositions or fireworks going to need to be stored over night? There are so many possible questions to consider...

I'm no lawyer. I don't have to time or inclination to meet with JFeve81 or PersonGuyDude to learn of their specific situations, and even if I did so, I could not advise them to any legal end. IE how close they are to roads, rail roads, power lines, airports, and misc other important details. Is all this moot because your local fire marshal is an asshole or some other official would make your life hell? I don't wish to spend the time looking up all the possible applicable and contradicting laws and regulations on the federal, state, and local level. Are compositions and fireworks going to be transported at all? Are compositions and fireworks going to only be made and used on the same day on site? Are any live compositions or fireworks going to need to be stored over night? There are so many possible questions to consider...

I think this was very rude (I don't have to time or inclination to meet with JFeve81 or PersonGuyDude to learn of their specific situations) not use if they asked you?

Dude chill out If your going to the shoot at canyon lake, you will have to make them there unless you have a transport licence.

All i'm talking about is making firework shells as a hobby at HOME you only need to have a magazine to store finished shells. if you live in a major city within city limits there may be some law but i live in the country so i can discharge fireworks 24/7 i have been doing this for over 30 years at home, only once was I not allowed to discharge was last year cause of the drought the state fire marshall shut down all discharing of fireworks during the 4th of july including Sea World and 6 Flags, you are right about people checking with the local fire marshall for what he deems what you need. Everyone should read the ATF Orange Book, i have met all there requirements for my Hobby. TY and have a Great Day

I did come off rude, your right, I'm sorry.

I was having a bad day, bit pissed off about their being so many laws and regs that it is impossible for any one human to comprehend them all... and I took it out online. I'm sorry. -_-

• 3 weeks later...

The Canyon Lake area was surprisingly nice.

Didn't get out soon enough to catch more than just the show and some visiting with friends, but all the same, it was a good time. Hope some others pipe in with how the rest of it was.

The Austin Beer Festival was packed. Wayyyy too much waiting around in lines for too little beer samples. Literally 85%+ of the time I was there was waiting around in lines. That being said I probably "sampled" something like 12 beers. What really caught my taste buds was Jester King's Black Metal. Coffee and chocolate notes out the wazoo in a near- motor oil black ambrosia.

• 1 month later...

I'm just going to bump this as the Caddo Mills event is coming up in 11 days. It will be my first time participating in anything like this. Planning on heading there Friday after work and staying in a hotel friday and saturday nights. I could drive home but depending on when they finish saturday I probably won't want to.

Anybody from this site going to be there?

EDIT: Yes I will be joining at the event.

Edited by JFeve81