APC Forum

New Australian Knife Regulation...

NightHawkInLight

hey nighthawk, im glad i saw that video when i did then! for the record it was a very neat and cool idea and very well executed. i was wondering where it went when i was looking at your channel today :(

• 1 year later...

Madmandotcom,

Remember, remember the 5th of November, gunpowder, treason and plot.

I see no reason why gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

that delelted nighthaw video might explain deleted video in my like list. what about it was? i don't remember.

The German law of 1928 restricted arms and ammunition and a permit was needed to own, transfer or have the right to own a weapon. This applied to knives, truncheons and anything that could be converted to a weapon. It served the Nazi hierarchy well, as when they came to power all permits were revoked as they wanted no armed resistance from the communists and the other groups. Only nazi party members could legally own and wear a sidearm. Jews were then forbidden under death to own weapons. Saying that, I am glad that in the UK there are strict rulings. You CAN own a firearm if you are a member of a club and can convince the police of your intentions. The laws concerning firearm ownership and safety are strict but fair. In 1997 handguns were banned after public support due to a mass murder. I am very Leary of people secreting knives after seeing a few knife related fights .Knife murder in the UK Is at an all time high. Firearms and knives should be a privilege - not a right. Edited by TritonPyro

I couldn't disagree more, but you're free to your opinion. The thought that you could regulate knives into being a privilege I think is a pretty nonsensical one. I could be in the middle of the woods with no modern materials and make a knife out of a few rocks. Good luck banning rocks, and metal, and glass, and ceramic, and hard plastic, and sticks...

Edit: By the way, knife crime is up in the UK because there are so few guns. There are no fewer murders, just a different method. You're not going to think, "I want that guy dead", then say to yourself, "oh but I don't have a knife or gun so I guess I'll just go to counseling"... No, that guy's going to bash his head in with a 2x4. There's no lack of weapons in the world, and as much as you might want to, you're never going to make enough laws to make murders any more difficult.

Edited by NightHawkInLight

How can you argue that gun and knife ownership should be a privelege after the same doctrine helped the nazis come to power?

Listen carefully .. My ancestors died in the German concentration camps in 1942. I said what I said because of your country there is no gun control and gun murders are out of control. If you look at the UK gun control you will see that there are few gun murders and people here do not have your almost sexual fascination with guns. Don't talk about nazi'ism to me..........Talk about peace and stability or nothing at all.

People use weapons , because they have lost the ability to think before they act.

I belong to a gun club and have shot more weapons that I care to think when I lived overseas, so I know the pull of owning a gun. I still stand on the premis that concealed knives should be banned.

Anyway, screw that....lets talk pyro!

Edited by TritonPyro

I do think that us Americans need to get our shit together and fix these problems but I really don't think regulation is the answer. I believe it is a social/cultural problem. Decades of glorifyication of violence in the news, video games, and movies and even music... it has become imbedded in our culture.

An example I like to bring up is Switzerland. Every household in Switzerland has firearms, as required for the citizen's militia. Gun crime in Switzerland is approximately 10 times lower than the US.

My understanding is that many of the countries that have had success in curbing gun violence through strict regulation (Japan for instance) are only successful because of a highly intrusive police force. Random searches, no warrants required. I wouldn't want to live in that kind of situation no matter how "safe" it supposedly makes me from my unruly neighbors. I would be literally paying (taxes) to support the raiding of my own house. And yes...I do want to hide stuff from the governement.

Well this is a random thoughts thread. You have told us your opinion on weaponry that I dare say, most of the members here disagree with you. We don't have a weapon problem in the US, we have a people problem. As long as people exist on this planet, there will never be peace and stability because someone will always want more than the other.

Yes, the man with the gun wins the argument. Please, no more clever sayings. This world has been at war in my entire lifetime. I was in a job for 22 years that saw violence and death on a regular basis.I want the rest of my life in peace. As I said, I enjoy firing a target weapon, although small bore and I used to shoot for a farmer that was overrun by rabbits. I am a very good shotgun user. You must admit though, that violence has increased a lot in 25 years. Saying that, I am not arguing with you. I understand today's thought of protection, and I still have a 225 pound pull crossbow. Hopefully, none of you will see war, hopefully you will all have a good life. The end.

TritonPyro, your avatar was broken so I reset it. Feel free to re-upload.

As to the topic at hand.....

This world has been at war, in one form or another, since the dawn of Man. And as has been noted, the problem isn't "gun control", but "people control".

Of course, those who want to take guns away from law-abiding citizens have no solution to the actual problem, and instead think that they can solve the problem by passing more laws that only affect the law-abiding, not the law-breaking.

These people are dangerously ignorant, not only to themselves but also to the rest of us.

I totally agree with you about taking away the freedom to own a gun, but that was not my point. Knee jerk reactions seem to be the norm when a gun related killing happens that are then taken up by the political pundits. At least you have the NRA. My post was against concealed knives. The knife makers have got across the grey bits by having a assisted opening, which opens just as fast as a flick knife. Not only that, but there are some real beauties. Most knife murders are inner city and always come across as gang related. Anyway, it was my 5 cents and not worth being pissy about. I am now off to the rifle range. Edited by TritonPyro

I'm not sure if they are ignorant... they may appear so but the purpose of the laws are generally not what they say it is.

I say get out now (before you can't! *dons tin foil hat*). I currently live in Commie Cali, and I plan to leave as soon as I can ;)

But then again, I would moving from state to state, not across an ocean to another country.

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

We do get paid more here. And I love this country. I'm not leaving, so the only alternative is to get politically active.

Seriously, everyone! (Speaking to Australian voters here) a 5 person party with clear policy outlines can result in policy changes from the big 2. You and ten mates can doorknock as much of your electorate as possible, tell people what they are missing out on and Lab or Lib will freak out at unexpected competition. Someone will do something to grab votes back, even if it's "We will do some of the things they will, plus give $50,000,000 to hospitals". You just grabbed some policy your way.