APC Forum

any florida clubs accesting new members

pyromartin

first let me thank you in advance for all your help and advice.

I would like to find a club in tampa area to join.

I would like to learn to do things the correct way .

i would rather not make mistakes or cause problems for our hobby.

just would like to have some friends that share my love of pyro and do so safely.

If I lived in Florida I would be looking to get a second club going. Not as a competitor to FPAG, but just a club that is open to people joining and learning. FPAG has some talented members from what I've seen but for whatever reason they don't seem to have any desire to let new people take part. It's their club, I don't hold anything against them for doing what they want with it, but there are a ton of people in the area that want a pyro outlet and can't get in. One of my favorite things about MPAG is that we have enough members to be able to organize and sway State politics regarding fireworks in our favor. FPAG seems to be taking the opposite approach by hiding under their shell and hoping if they keep secret enough nobody will discover them and cause any confrontation.

That isn't exactly true. FPAG accepts new members all the time. They do keep to themselves some and don't have a public website and they don't advertise their existence much. But all you have to do is get in contact with a member and they invite you to a meeting where you are voted in.

If no one contacts you Martin, let me know and I will get you in contact with a member. There is a fairly big meeting in Bunell in a week I believe, where you can become a member assuming you are legally allowed and haven't had certain convictions.

• 2 weeks later...

First off let me thank you for your reply to my post..

I have waited two weeks for response from any members of FPAG and had none.

This leads me to believe that FPAG has chosen not to respond.

Just don't understand why clubs and guilds in other states are willing to respond to requests from new people but FPAG is not?

Unlike some people I would rather give up my hobby rather then practice it in and unsafe or illegal manner

Have never had any problems with the law and don't need any.

Come on FPAG why so secret.

Thanks for your time. Be safe and enjoy.

That isn't exactly true. FPAG accepts new members all the time. They do keep to themselves some and don't have a public website and they don't advertise their existence much. But all you have to do is get in contact with a member and they invite you to a meeting where you are voted in.

If no one contacts you Martin, let me know and I will get you in contact with a member. There is a fairly big meeting in Bunell in a week I believe, where you can become a member assuming you are legally allowed and haven't had certain convictions.

First off let me thank you for your reply to my post..

Hi Martin,

No one else responded to the thread so there is a good chance no FPAG members saw it. I used to be a member but still have contacts. What part of the state are you in? I will try to get you in contact with someone close by. Send me a private message and I will get you hooked up. And sorry I didn't respond earlier but I have been out of town and away from the website.

Hi Martin,

I looked for a way to email you but it doesn't look like you are set up for it. I also haven't heard back from you. Send me a message and I will get you hooked up. There is a big show at the end of March down by Ockechobee so maybe you can get joined up and able to go the founders fest (2F) event.

• 4 months later...
I sure would like to get in contact with the FPAG if someone could contact me. Have been doing my own mini show for years and just bought a cobra fire system. Would like to step it up a notch. Live in Citrus County. Can someone contact me. Robert Edited by skywriter12