APC Forum

Were you a pyro kid?

usapyro

Post a few fun facts that prove you were born a pyro at heart...

1. When my parents moved to a new farm when I was 13 there was a literally a pile of around 30 cans of paint thinner in one of the barns for some reason. My parents didn't want it so I managed to use up the entire thing within like six months burning stuff... Burning parts/undersides of tree forts and all sorts of things. I learned about how you could get the vapors to build up and create near explosions too.

2. I went through a oxy/ethelene + hydrogen stage around 14-15 where I managed to send a piece of an aluminum can through the top of one of my fingers. Some visitors were over and to one of the kids I was like... Come here, watch this and stand back... Filled a soda can with oxy/ethylene and lit it with a propane torch. Ka-BOOM! Oops... My finger is bleeding like mad... It's the only pyro injury I have ever had that left a lasting mark, one that nobody else can even see without a magnifying glass. Managed to blow up the family stove/chimney with hydrogen balloons accidentally... Ahahaha!!! Didn't realize how powerful they were. Hydrogen was the only thing I ever got to work reliably in a potato cannon back then. Oxy/ethylene I knew was far too powerful.

I actually set off my hydrogen powered potato cannons back then using fifty feet of wire and one of the electric fence shockers.

Even ten years later I still enjoy coming home to set the remaining dead grass in the fields on fire in early spring after a few days without rain. Dad says it's probably good for the fields, but it's just for fun really. It's quite a thrill when things get out of control when the winds pick up. A cool game to play is see how many spot fires you can set and see if you can stop the fire. LoL!!! It can't burn farther than the sides of the field, but it's tons of fun with the low spring wind whipped flames and smoke!!! You can literally walk through the fire at any place and you won't get burned.

Edited by usapyro

ummmm, does anyone else find that disturbing?

Ok, just kidding........ for the most part :whistle: , my pyro childhood involved pouring black powder (muzzeloader charge) into glass root beer bottle in an attempt to make a crude fountain. We couldnt even find a piece of the glass after it self contained in the bottle. Thank the good Lord no one was hurt.

I use to take apart bullets when I was a kid for powder. There was a giant pile of them that were the wrong caliber for our guns that I would take apart with pliers. Never had any problems. I was already hunting at around age 9 with real bullets so I knew the mechanics and how to safely do it without setting off the primer.

Give me a pack of matches and still to this day I am entertained by turning matches into flaming projectiles by throwing them as they are striked. I also developed a way to shoot pen caps by using the paper caps ripped in half and placed inside a pen cap and placed back on the pen. The tip of the pen cap was the head of a self strike wooden match. It was drilled a little wider. The stuff I use to create as a kid was something else...

Edited by usapyro