APC Forum

Jetex motors

Arthur

From my childhood I remember the Jetex range of motors for model aeroplanes. Does anyone know whether the formulation for the pellet fuel was ever discovered? The pellets are now off the market, but I'd love to make the old motors fly again.

According to the internet, the fuel was Guanadine Nitrate. I don't have a way to verify that information, I just looked it up recently when someone said they might have a source for it and I wanted to know the pyro uses for it. Seems to be more commonly used in blues.

According to the internet, the fuel was Guanadine Nitrate. I don't have a way to verify that information, I just looked it up recently when someone said they might have a source for it and I wanted to know the pyro uses for it. Seems to be more commonly used in blues.

I ended up with about 30#'s of it but I am keeping mine to work out blue strobes. Yes GN was used in the Jet Ex motors . I do not know the exact formula .

wow no wonder they went out of production... asbestos, vanadium pentoxide... and guanidine nitrate aint too good for ya either ive heard :unsure: