APC Forum

green flashs

kleberrios

Thanks Kleb,

In the US, I think "parts" is an indication of weight when used in pyrotechnics. That being, 1 part = 1 gram, 1 kilo, 1 ounce, 1 pound, 1 grain etc. It is used to indicate thet the comp may not add up to 100% and that makes it easire for us to add a small percentage of an item without having to resort to small fractions of a weight that can cause confusion.

-dag

Now I understood dag. Thanks fo the explanation.

When I'm testing volume formulations use the plastic soda bottle cap pet. with a twisted wire to serve of cable .All formulas in parts I turn to volume because even without balance I can make mix For certain formulations can do dozens of trials, the mix that not work I throw out the in a bucket with water or put fire. We should never join combustible dusts that do not serve for nothing.

Edited by kleberrios

• 10 months later...

Anybody actually mixed up a batch and tried this formula?

It strobes great--but it's NOT green.

(Wandered in here 'cause I'm on an apparently endless trek for a true green strobe).

• 2 years later...

Anybody actually mixed up a batch and tried this formula?

It strobes great--but it's NOT green.

(Wandered in here 'cause I'm on an apparently endless trek for a true green strobe).

Really the strobe is not dark green, is a clear green, due to the large amount of light it produces, but by far the most green is emphasized. Here in Brazil is widely used in hot air balloons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFQcJltxZe0

(4:50 min)

Edit: never mind. I watched the second video and got my answer. Very cool. Edited by FlaMtnBkr

Edit: never mind. I watched the second video and got my answer. Very cool.

The author of the first video has disabled the display on other web sites ... search on you tube the following sentence: Melhor Fogueteiro Noturno de Sampa 2012

This balloon below , the 2:44 minute video on, were used thousands of small rockets dozens, with 3/8 "in diameter, known with "lasers", in its tip a small tube of 3/8" diameter 3 cm in length containing my green strobe. In the course of the lasers they leave a trail of aluminum because the mixture of its interior is like the mixture of aluminum waterfalls. The bomb of 3:16 min was 8 "in diameter. In all this balloon lift around 500 kg of fireworks.
Edited by kleberrios

• 5 years later...

Hi.

My factory produces magnalium since 1999, here in Brazil.

Once I started making Magnalium, invented a kind of green and red strobe ( 3/8" paper tube) which is still fever in Brazil.

It's good to know that I do not fireworks, but I do dozens of formulas for testing the quality of my magnalium.

And these tests have been many new formulas. Gradually I'll show you.

If anyone wants the formulas just ask. It will be a pleasure to see one of my formulas outside Brazil.

I spent the formulation for the fireworks factories purchase magnalium with me.

Whenever there are games here in Brazil they use a lot of flashes.

GREEN FLASHS

GREEN FLASHS

RED FLASHS

GREEN FLASHS

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=Uq0UOq3oeiY

This composition was recently adjusted. The new composition is:

Barium Nitrte 62 grams
magal 150 / 500mesh 21 grams
potassium chlorate 15 grams
pvc 4 grams
lacquer nc binder