APC Forum

Cap Plugs

dagabu

I just posted this to the Agora so go take a look at it and let me know if I can help you.

Red cap plugs, 1-5/8" long by .25" ID, $15.00 per thousand, $25.00 delivered to the lower 48.

They work perfectly with Marc's new red and white time fuse which averages around.235" on my rolls.

Email me at: coldfire11@msn.com if interested or would like more information, a sample or pictures. Bulk shipping also available.

-dag

http://pyrobin.com/files/100_2757.jpg

Edited by dagabu

I'd take more information on their uses and such. Since I asked for a thousand of them already. :)

I was thinking to put about five to eight of them into a 3" plastic can with different timing on them so they go off in succession. Alternating Ti-Flash, Ferro-Ti Flash just for the differing colors. These would be ejected at the apogee star mine style.

About how much Vitamin F per Cap Plug fits? Have you made any with Marc's fuse yet? Will it set off the Vit F without priming? Do you think I can get ignition of the time fuse by simply angle cutting it as in your picture or should I cross match?

Other than something like this and the "roundelles", what other sort =s of things do you think they will be good for?

THANKS Dag!

OOPS, I guess I was supposed to email the questions. My bad. blush.gif

Email sent ;)

I will be boxing cap plugs up tomorrow, please send payment via PayPal ASAP so that I can get them in the mail on Monday. Be sure to include your name and address on your payment and remember...

If there are PayPal fees, please pay them, using the gift option may be free but still send your delivery information in the note box.

-dag

Other than something like this and the "roundelles", what other sort =s of things do you think they will be good for?

THANKS Dag!

I use them for hanging 1/4" dowels (square or round) when dipping sparklers, just cut a small notch in them and hang from a line to dry. I use them to cover Time Fuse when pasting in shells. I use them to protect my spindle points when traveling. They also make for lots of fun when given to kids old enough not to swallow them, they find all sorts of crazy things to do with them.

-dag

just curious, what are they SUPPOSED to be used for? like, in a non-pyro way

Cap plugs are made to cover threaded items to protect them, cover sharp or potentially dangerous ends like metal shelving. They are used to mask axles, rod, any kind of material that needs to be painted or plated, etched, or dipped.

-dag

I get paid in a little more than a week, if one of the boxes is mine.

I have about eight paper cans at the place where they are ready to accept the plug caps as well. I am hoping that I will have at least one chance to be able to fire some test shots, these look a lot easier than they really are to make it seems. This will be my first attempt so I am not expecting to try anything too tricky, like a "Shave and a Haircut" shell. I am going to try for a simple, single circle with bottom shot for the tests and for NYE. I am guessing the tests will be done done one of the weekend daytimes so I will just make those with Vit. F only, then if I see they are working well enough, for NYE one shell will be a Titanium lit shell and the other will have Ferro-Ti in it so I can get a good look at the two effects.

IF I can manage to score a five inch gun, I have some five in shells to shoot as well for NYE along with some other things. I made the fives because I thought my friend had the tube already since he was talking about making them too. Apparently I was wrong and since I spent all that time hand pasting these shells, I will either store them until a five in tube can be had or if I do get one in time for the shoot, they will be part of the show.

Got my big box-o-red plugs today, Thanks Dag! These look a lot easier to use with the time fuse than the yellow ones I just finished making my test fire canisters with, the fuse wits easily into them rather than needing to be pushed or twisted which makes me uncomfortable to do. I have to say that tying all the blackmatch over top of the time fuse was quite a treat. 2wacko.gif Once I got a sort of system for doing it going it went pretty fast but at first I was beginning to think it was going to take all day to get the two shells finished. Not sure if my bottom shot was made correctly as these two will be my first attempts at making them. If they go boom, great. If the sort of pop and make a fizzle noise with some pretty sparks, well that is cool too I guess.

You are right about using them for protecting the time fuse as you paste the shell, that works great! These stay put, before I would slip one of the little red 1/4" bottle rocket tubes over the fuse that I had cut in half so it wasn't so long and in the way (plus I got two for protecting two shells). Those tended to fall off at some point though and repeated replacing it onto the fuse was fraying the fuse almost as much as leaving it unprotected. Taping them in place left the tape in the way of the pasting for those wondering. At least it did for me.

One thing I wanted to add is that the funnel that Wolter sells for the red tubes as an add on for their bottle rocket kit fits these cap plugs like it was made for them. I know it is expensive but I already had it along with the bottle rocket kit so I thought to see if it would work for these too. It really made loading the first two shells worth of salute caps a lot faster and less messy plus less wasteful of the vitamin F I used in them. I thought it would be something worth noting for those who might also have one and who were thinking of getting into the whole times salute thing,.

Edited by warthog