APC Forum

Go Getters

Blackthumb

Having great fun with these little wonders...anyone have unique ways of using or launching from the ground....mortars...as bottle rockets...mines...?

Grandson is visiting in Feb so I have to gear up in the 'lab'.

I found that article by Ned a few days ago. Looks easy enough to build. For the ones described anyway. But yeah he shows them being launched as a bottle rocket, from mines and shells.

i saw that article also, wondering how you can ignite them with no prime, my parlon stars are a pain to light if you do not have liberal prime.

perhaps the core helps?

still looking for some quick tooling , id like to turn out a few hundred for NYE inserts. the whole awl and tape just doesn't seem very "repeatable".

i saw that article also, wondering how you can ignite them with no prime, my parlon stars are a pain to light if you do not have liberal prime.

perhaps the core helps?

still looking for some quick tooling , id like to turn out a few hundred for NYE inserts. the whole awl and tape just doesn't seem very "repeatable".

You glue a piece of black match in the cores. It seems like it would still be more reliable with some prime.

Made a spindle out of bronze...chucked it in a drill press and press those little boogers with no fuss! Fill the tubes by hand and then finish on the drill press....great, solid pellet!

Will post photos tomorrow...

• 1 month later...

Made a spindle out of bronze...chucked it in a drill press and press those little boogers with no fuss! Fill the tubes by hand and then finish on the drill press....great, solid pellet!

Will post photos tomorrow...

Did you manage to get photos? Would be appreciated if you could post them?