APC Forum

green stars

eggi96

Ive tried making green stars with the emerald green formula and i don't know what but when they dry and I test some out they are a red colour. What would be the problem?

Yep, you must have Strontium nitrate, been there done that.

I ordered 20 lb each of Barium & Strontium Nitrate, vendor shipped 2- 20lb bags of strontium

He made it right and I got 20lb of free SN :)

The other guys beat me to it, was going to say did you miss label something?

If so, wouldn't hurt to be sure nothing else is miss labelled, could end badly.

Yep, you must have Strontium nitrate, been there done that.

I ordered 20 lb each of Barium & Strontium Nitrate, vendor shipped 2- 20lb bags of strontium

He made it right and I got 20lb of free SN :)

20lbs damn boy made alot of stars lately

Ive tried making green stars with the emerald green formula and i don't know what but when they dry and I test some out they are a red colour. What would be the problem?

put a small amount on a white piece of typing paper youll see the difference I to have done same with other chems,lol shit happens

ah man i have strontium and barium nitrate. I got the two from different suppliers the (barium nitrate) looks different to the strontium nitrate since its lumpy ill have to do the colour test to see if they are the same chemical and the supplier must have got the order mixed up

I scared myself once. Don't remember what I was making (star comp or BP) but potassium nitrate was the oxidizer. I had a 5lb bag of it and had grabbed an empty potassium perchlorate container with the label still on it. I planned on relabelling and breaking one pound out of the 5lb's. I forgot about this while mixing the comp and when I was done and started to clean up I looked down and saw the potassium perchlorate container. For a few seconds I thought I had used it in my comp. Made me realize I need to be careful about labelling. I have also mixed up shells of different types before I had them labelled. Had to shoot to find out what they were, lol.