APC Forum

1lb Tubes in Europe?

AdmiralDonSnider

Hobbyhorse tubes are great stuff, but not easily available if you´re based in Europe. Is there a good supplier for 1lb (3/4") Rocket tubes in the EU or Britain?

Thanks for any sources posted!

I`ve always rolled my own but Stells (stells.co.uk) is the only place i know of in the uk that produce high quality tubes to any spec. It may be worth dropping them an email for prices and minimum order quantity.

Actually this is a pretty nasty rip off, you might just order from

www.eger-huelsen.de , they are very cheap and in high quality.

Minimum order amount is 5000 tubes, inclusive shipping and tax they only cost you 15ct each.

I think it is the same company pyrostuff gets his tubes from.

Edited by Stinger

Minimum order amount is 5000 tubes, inclusive shipping and tax they only cost you 15ct each.

I once contacted eger huelsen.. they told me minimum order quantity is 500€. If you want two different tubes it is 1000€ etc..

I have tubes from http://www.pyro-stuf...kokers-etc.html and they are excellent quality.

They don´t seem to be compatible with 1lb (3/4" ID) wolter rocket tooling though, being too large in ID. Or am I wrong?

That´s a nice source, thanks. 750 Eur minimum order though - time for a group buy...?!

if you spend a day rolling youll get alot of tubes,I roll one two three pound rocket motor tubes so big ones can be done easily,cheap! yeah i know

jeff

ps: I have used this one pounder motor tube four times,wall paper paste only nothing more dry rock hard barely burn on the inside

I use thin pva glue for my tubes. I found wallpaper paste makes the paper a bit too too wet but i guess it depends on the type of paper. Handrolling larger tubes is hard work as you need to keep your full weight on it all the time.

The largest tubes i`ve rolled are 1.25" id x 9" (5mm wall), i`ve used them 5 times with 70g bombettes and they`re still as good as new.

19mm id rocket tubes are much easier to roll (only 7ft of paper required) but i dont reuse them.. once lit i never see them again :)

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/colinspyro/bombettecakemortars.jpg

I use thin pva glue for my tubes. I found wallpaper paste makes the paper a bit too too wet but i guess it depends on the type of paper. Handrolling larger tubes is hard work as you need to keep your full weight on it all the time.

The largest tubes i`ve rolled are 1.25" id x 9" (5mm wall), i`ve used them 5 times with 70g bombettes and they`re still as good as new.

19mm id rocket tubes are much easier to roll (only 7ft of paper required) but i dont reuse them.. once lit i never see them again :)

well done i used wallpaper paste and dont have to press with any weight the part of the paper that is on the inside it only get glue on the side not touching the roll then all others are wet both sides and the shrinkage is just right for the paper I use,the roll slide out easily then with it dry the shrinkage makes it a snug fit for ramming my motors,so much easier and cheaper

They look to be excellent quality. Tube rolling is one of those things that looks simple, but is an art to get good quality. Great job.

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody interested in a group buy at eger-huelsen?

Count me in as interested as long as the price is right and shipping is reasonable to the uk. Obviously I would need to see a sample tube but that probably goes without saying.

Update- I have just agreed to purchase some NEPT tubes that someone has imported. I thought it was too good an opportunity to miss.