APC Forum

Red Flash

cplmac

Has anyone tried to use Shimizu magnesium colour compositions granulated? I have some 500 mesh Magnesium versions in some of my latest test beraq.

post-12-1186065506_thumb.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cplmac

• Mardec

• ir-russu

• fizeau

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't tried any of Shimizu's color compositions, how did they work? I'd love to see them, and welcome aboard! Good to see UKPyro making a visit!

Hello, its good to be aboard! I was a member 2 years ago or so. I will let you know, I have tried some other beraq using granulated orange mg/al but it just jetted for a second so I am sure magnesium is the only way to make them work. Im sure granulating and leaving some empty space will make them work. If not then back to the drawing board. I have some Maltese colour flash formula but cannot post them. They work but as you may know, are dangerous and dont like using them!

When these are tested I will post the footage.

Maybe more oxidizer in the jetting case? Or perhaps adding a catalyst? What were they oxidized with?

Here's some of my coloured flashes. First is the red.

They dont burn that fast, but I used a tad coarse Mg because of the indoors experiments.

Red compo was:

KClO3---12

Mg-------50

SrCO3---38

Vid is HERE.

Gr33tZ

They were oxidized with Potassium Perchlorate, I will do some more tests but working my ass off at the moment so not much time for the beraq.

Red bottom shot, god I hope it is not a chlorate formula like the maltese ones I tried!!

Not a bad vid there, but for me chlorate is not an option. It will work but making the holes after filling and a chlorate comp is just asking for some trouble. I will do some tests on these new ones when I get the chance, maybe this friday!

• 4 weeks later...