APC Forum

Guy Fawkes Day and Night

dagabu

"Remember, remember the 5th of November and the treacherous gunpowder plot..."

Here we are in the second half of October and with only two weeks until Guy Fawkes day I have to ask, what are you doing to celebrate Guy Fawkes Day and Night?

-dag

Well I've taken two weeks off work as I'll be too busy doing fireworks to go in anyway. Every company locally has been screaming for crew as all the main shows are on the 5th. However I'm in the UK! It is much more sensible to fire for the 4th July though warm dry and plenty of light. for the 5th we always get a dark rig and rain and cold :(

Hi Dag,

By the sounds of bangs and whistles around the neighbourhood.. the local kids arent waiting for the 5th. :)

I`m planning all the usual stuff..wheels, cakes, candles and bp rockets. Might even do a few whistle rockets if time allows.

While I couldn't fill a tea cup full with what I have of English blood, I just love the idea of a bonfire night and creamers are the perfect thing to make the night go even better ;)

-dag

Those dang Catholics are At it again!

Here we are in the second half of October and with only two weeks until Guy Fawkes day I have to ask, what are you doing to celebrate Guy Fawkes Day and Night?

-dag

Going to watch V for Vendetta and fire a couple of rockets. I do belive it will be quite fun :D

Also related;

Remember remember the fifth of November

Gunpowder, treason and plot.

I see no reason why gunpowder, treason

Should ever be forgot...

-dag

as much as possible, a few wheels, a few mines, ralph's glitter, various fountains, rolling stars and tubes, some cakes we had last year fused together, and of course as many rockets as can be sent up,....... sparklers for the girls.

no bonfire this year at least im not doing one the biggest fire i can light round here is the bbq.

its funny you say celebrate the spirit of guy fawkes is nearly dead to the majority of the public, the retail fireworks are pants, and you dont see as many bonfires and garden displays like you used to, its a shame.

dan.

its funny you say celebrate the spirit of guy fawkes is nearly dead to the majority of the public, the retail fireworks are pants, and you dont see as many bonfires and garden displays like you used to, its a shame.

dan.

EXACTLY! That's my point, this hopefully will serve to remind everyone to celebrate the day.

-dag

EXACTLY! That's my point, this hopefully will serve to remind everyone to celebrate the day.

-dag

I totally agree, here in Aus it used to be a huge celebration; now if you let anything off your likely to have a visit by the boys in blue!