APC Forum

KNO3 in Ontario, Canada.

Nytram

I'm just starting with pyrotechnics and lately, I've been having troubles getting KNO3... All the online suppliers do not ship to Canada.

I'm just wondering if anyone knew of a place nearby or an online supplier that would ship to me. I live in the Ottawa area.

Also, even tips on where to find some would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

(PS: Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this. It's late and I didn't have the time to read all the rules)

stump remover, worked for me till i got a source

Stump remover is nowhere to be found. I went to a few hydroponic stores, but none have it.

I'll look for some "solo" hardware stores in the surrounding areas for stump remover, but I really doubt any of them carry it.

have you tried the fertilizer route? I know I am in the states but I can get decent sulfpher and kno3 a the hob nobby nurseries.

Have you checked farming fertallizer suppliers? I just Picked up 150lb's of KNO3 today. I am only keeping 50lbs and the rest is for friends who baught some. Is was only $180 with tax for 150lbs. I am not sure if thats a option for you since I don't know about the Canadian "laws". Good luck.

You just need to look harder! The laws in Canada are much tougher though. ID is often required as well as possibly an explanation on intended use. Stump remover is still around too. As noted, look in the smaller garden shops.

nytram try a agricultural supplier in Aus its sale is also restricted but if you go to an agricultural supplier and ask for krista K they'll sell you some or give you the hafia stuff (the 2 most common brands) if that dosnt work go to the asian market gardens and ask them where they get their ferteliser if you buy some of the cucumber or lettuse or what ever the hell they are growing they will happily tell you its one of their buddies in some obscure location you could never find these asian agricultural suppliers always have KNO3 and cheap (sometimes as low as $27 for a 55lb sack)

busspuppy why not just keep the 150lb all for yourself youll use it faster than you think (Ive used about 100lb this year)

Most stump removers are fairly pure KNO3 and are inexpensive.

I get it at home centers and the Mart stores for less than $4 a pound.

Edited by Bilbobaker

Why do the idiots restrict potassium nitrate? It's not like a terrorist's first choice.

What really pisses me off is when things are not banned or restricted in the law but the suppliers act like some Gestapo out or their own choice.

Why do the idiots restrict potassium nitrate? It's not like a terrorist's first choice.

What really pisses me off is when things are not banned or restricted in the law but the suppliers act like some Gestapo out or their own choice.

Yes it is in a way

In the US you aren't allowed to have black powder without an explosive license, but the are 2 exemptions,1 if you own a cannon, 2 owning a muzzleloader

even then it is illegal to use it for fireworks, they just don't enforce it very often

I find it absurd that BP is licensed in the US. Though I understand that the US isn't really like in the old movies you watched as a kid (I'm actually a middle-aged man but I'm quite nostalgic and idealistic). :unsure:

I find it absurd that BP is licensed in the US. Though I understand that the US isn't really like in the old movies you watched as a kid (I'm actually a middle-aged man but I'm quite nostalgic and idealistic). :unsure:

Like Al says, all you need is a legal reason for having BP, we are allowed 50# with no special storage to use for sporting reasons. I have a 1" bore canon just for this reason.

-dag

I would emphasise that once you do find a supplier, keep it to yourself. People in the most highly regulated countries can get what they want with hard work. I know of suppliers that have stopped selling "X" due to people putting it on a forum.

It's nice to help, but some people abuse sources, or tell everyone. The good part of finding things yourself, is that it shows you are dedicated to your hobby, and in it for the long run. Things requiring effort to find keeps the idiots away usually, it prevents them getting hold of things they would abuse before they moved on to their next phase/hobby or what have you. Keep trying!!

All the best mate.

Keep your powder dry.

I would emphasise that once you do find a supplier, keep it to yourself. People in the most highly regulated countries can get what they want with hard work. I know of suppliers that have stopped selling "X" due to people putting it on a forum.

It's nice to help, but some people abuse sources, or tell everyone. The good part of finding things yourself, is that it shows you are dedicated to your hobby, and in it for the long run. Things requiring effort to find keeps the idiots away usually, it prevents them getting hold of things they would abuse before they moved on to their next phase/hobby or what have you. Keep trying!!

All the best mate.

Keep your powder dry.

Very well said and very true! Some poeple don't seem to realize that sometimes (a lot) of effort is needed to find what you need.

Dear Sir,

We are one of the leadest exporters of pyrotechnics chemical products.We can supply KNO3 at the competitive price and qualtiy. Could you please inform us your detailed requirements (quantity,specification and destination port ) so that we check and quote to you.

Thanks&Best Regards

Wang

I'm just starting with pyrotechnics and lately, I've been having troubles getting KNO3... All the online suppliers do not ship to Canada.

I'm just wondering if anyone knew of a place nearby or an online supplier that would ship to me. I live in the Ottawa area.

Also, even tips on where to find some would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

(PS: Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this. It's late and I didn't have the time to read all the rules)

Dear Sir,

We are one of the leadest exporters of pyrotechnics chemical products.We can supply KNO3 at the competitive price and qualtiy. Could you please inform us your detailed requirements (quantity,specification and destination port ) so that we check and quote to you.

Thanks&Best Regards

Wang

You should have a look at the laws in Canada. Possession is tracked by the Gov't.