APC Forum

First Double Petal shells

vh718

ok so i made two double petal shells for the first time. they were both 2.5" shells haha. anyways, i think they turned out nice for how little room i had to work with.

fist shell had an inner petal of red mouse turd stars and outer of tiger tail to green.

video

second shell had 5.5mm rolled Ti silver for the inner petal and tiger tail to red for the outer.

video

They definitely look very good for the size. You can see exactly where the hemisphere line is with the 2nd one though. Ned Gorski likes to glue a ring of stars to the equator to prevent that noticeable break line.

ok so i made two double petal shells for the first time. they were both 2.5" shells haha. anyways, i think they turned out nice for how little room i had to work with.

fist shell had an inner petal of red mouse turd stars and outer of tiger tail to green.

video

second shell had 5.5mm rolled Ti silver for the inner petal and tiger tail to red for the outer.

video

Fun!! Nice try. These small shells are very challenging to get right. In general it is much easier to build a symmetrical large caliber shell, then it is to build the small ones and still get a nice round break. 2 and 2.5 "shells are very versatile in the way that they can be used as rising effects, inserts, headers and so on. perfecting them opens up lots of possibilities to incorporate them in larger shells.

thanks for sharing...

Edited by fredhappy

video

video

looked magnificent to me mate,turd stars huh great job i have alot of those hanging around waiting for 3 inch shells,if I get done experimenting which i should soon I will get serious about making some headers,just a few things left to do,GREAT job!