APC Forum

Formulas, priming and technical pyrotechnics

JOPETES

Pyroaficionado am Spanish but for reason I've left and want to share my knowledge and research fruits of hard work, experimentation and passion for this art. I have developed a fairly complete manual with formulas fully professional, better than some fireworks that I know, tested, balanced color purity, stability, combustion time, brightness and also compatible for manufacture on an industrial scale in cost and this is regarded much at the time of manufacture.I have not able to develop color flash and star power of strobe colors, only white. On the internet always come the same formulas, some of them are not bad and have good color but in practice are not economic, they have stability problems and catch fire very badly, as an experiment are OK but nothing more.

I do not mean by this that my formulas are the best, ok?

One tip, do not get obsessed with the color blue, just going to have headaches.

I imagine that you have knowledge of aerial shells, StarMine, rockets, roman candles etc ... but ugly as people say, beauty is in the interior,ie within the artifacts ok?

my email: jopetes@terra.es.

FORMULAS COLOR Y TECNICA EMPAV..pdf

• Like 5

Pyroaficionado am Spanish but for reason I've left and want to share my knowledge and research fruits of hard work, experimentation and passion for this art

FORMULAS COLOR Y TECNICA EMPAV..pdf

Hi jopetes,

Looks like a great deal of work was involved in making this document. Thanks a lot for sharing it. I don`t speak and read spanish very well, but now I ve gotten the chance to brush up on my spanish chemical vocabulary....:)

Thanks again for sharing, great contribtution..

• Like 1

Well, I already had this file from you. And I can say to everyone, grab it while you can. It's marvelous!

One tip, do not get obsessed with the color blue, just going to have headaches.

Hehe, jeah I know, I know.

Thanks again Jopetes.

The oxygen ballance is certainly on the fuel rich side of thigs, but they look fairly ordinary (as almost all commercial formulas do). Many common formulas circulated in our circles have lower, or similar oxidiser contents. Emerald Green and Buell red being two that come to mind.

While I can only guess the bulk of the text, it looks like a very good, and trust-able resource.

Thank you Jopetes,

looks to me like a motivation for getting better at school so I can understand what the text says ;)

Good work and I might try a few of the formulas as soon as I get new chems.

-Zir

I have never tested on colored stars priming silicon powder. guarantee 100% that caught fire with strong openings at high speeds?I have never seen stars that used in Spain or in China. This is a very sensitive issue.

thank you very much

sorry,i was not on my pc due that i wrote the post with my mobile.

I use silicon primes for some efects, but never in mixtures that contains sulfur.

The italians pyros use it a lot

Edited by osobi291

• 2 years later...

Thanks for sharing your fomulas friend.......

but what does CLOROCAUCHO mean?? sounds like it is chlorine donor.

whats the name of that compound.

Gracias por compartir toda esa informacion jopetes, algunos de los nombres y terminos que usas no los conocia en espanol jajajaja aca en mexico los nombre varian un poco saludos!!!... funny thing I speak spanish and I did't really know the name of some of the chemicals in spanish because when I started in this hobby all I've read was written in english so I pretty much know the names in english but I have never bothered translating them,

most of them I have translated to get its real name in English.

• 2 months later...

It's the forum software. It's a side effect from one of our spammer fighting measures. Once you make a single post somewhere, you gain the ability to start new threads, download attachments, see a few new sections, etc.

JOPETES, First off, great work, thank you for sharing this!

Second, I would be happy to help you translate this into English if you would like, send me a PM.

P.S. I'll need to ask a friend but I can -- probably -- get this translated into German and Japanese also if anyone would find that helpful. Let me know.

• 4 months later...

hello guys, i'm very interested in downloading of this file but i'm not able to do it (don't have permission).can someone help me?

edit: everything is ok after sending of 1st post...the document is awesome!

Edited by MiguelSanchez