APC Forum

Scale Recommendation

nater

My little dixie cup scale started acting up at Tri-State. I'm looking for recommendations for a decent scale for small batches. Some of the feature lists are a bit sparse, so I'm curious what most people use.

I would prefer a digital scale that can be powered by AC or batteries. One thing that concerns me is the auto-off "feature" The scale that broke, would shut off if you were too slow while weighing chemicals and you would loose the tare of the container. Most gram scales list this feature, but don't mention if it can be turned off, or if the scale stays on while it is using AC power.

If you have a compelling reason to use a mechanical scale, I am willing to listen as well.

The same ones are sold on Dealextreeme as well but for more then what you paid. I have purchased several of them and those visiting me seem to pocket them when they leave... ;)

Buy two, just saying.

-dag

I ended up ordering the myweigh i1200 model. It has all the features as the one Lgenco linked to, but a 1200glittle capacity. this should let me make a kilogram batch with room to spare for the container without overloading the load cell. Most importantly ot has a programable auto off feature and ac power. Hopefully it comes soon so I try out my new Ben Smith tooling.