APC Forum

purity test for sulfuric acid

madmandotcom

hello, how do i test concentration of H2SO4?

is it possible to remove CuCl from H2SO4?

what concentration of H2SO4 is require to nitrate cotton?

Density.

Why is there CuCl in your sulfuric acid? Distillation should separate them.

I wouldn't in a million years answer that last one for you. You are no where near ready to be even thinking about experimenting with high explosives.

Thankyou

i made the acid myself via displacement reaction

nitrated cotton defagerates rather than detonates, is safe to hold in your hand and is often referred to as smokeless black power, so how does it classify as an HE?

The properties of nitrated cellulose depend totally on the reaction conditions, and the method of initiation. Some NC is safe for the magicians flash cotton trick some burns too slowly and some can detonate (which would damage your hand.

The making of NC is theoretically simply, but simple mistakes can cause it to cook off to detonation - it's a bad plan to spray your work area with acids that fast! Improperly finished NC will degrade perhaps to detonation if not washed cleanly enough.

learn a lot before you play with HE. Making a mistake with HE attracts all the wrong attention and maybe gets you hurt.

Thankyou

i made the acid myself via displacement reaction

nitrated cotton defagerates rather than detonates, is safe to hold in your hand and is often referred to as smokeless black power, so how does it classify as an HE?

Wow, just wow. They burned C4 in Vietnam for cooking and fuel. Does that make C4 not a high explosive and safe to bring on airplanes? You seriously should consider giving up this hobby.

Wow, just wow. They burned C4 in Vietnam for cooking and fuel. Does that make C4 not a high explosive and safe to bring on airplanes? You seriously should consider giving up this hobby.

madmandotcom. Give up please, before this hobby gives you up.