APC Forum

STINGERS

Falcon2

Im seeking more ideas on what people do with there stingers, whether it be coloured or glitter delay grains, different types and arrangements of headers, sizes.

What you think works the best, and what doesn't work

These are great little devices for those of us who have yet to upgrade to larger stick type rockets!

I'm also wondering what are the limitations to what you can actually put on them as headers, with there being mention of people putting ball shells on them. What would be the limit for a 1lb stinger?

Edited by Falcon2

Im seeking more ideas on what people do with there stingers, whether it be coloured or glitter delay grains, different types and arrangements of headers, sizes.

What you think works the best, and what doesn't work

These are great little devices for those of us who have yet to upgrade to larger stick type rockets!

I'm also wondering what are the limitations to what you can actually put on them as headers, with there being mention of people putting ball shells on them. What would be the limit for a 1lb stinger?

this is how I make them this guy has it down i made 1 pounders lifting can shells

http://www.brianredm...er/stinger.html

Edited by allrocketspsl

That's where I learned about them as well. They will do about 100 feet with a heavy shell (and wobble like crazy) and 200 feet with a flash header.

-dag

Agreed. They are a low stress, confidence builder for the novice pyro. My first "professional" tooling set was for stingers. Got it from Ben Smith when he first started getting in to tooling. Because of their unpredictable nature (at least the ones I crank out), I tend to stick with a flash header. I still giggle like a little girl every time I light one off.

A few of the rocket builders I know really like Chrysanthemum of Mystery with a few parts of Titanium in it, maybe +5%. It makes sort of an elegant lacy glittering tail. I bet it would look pretty cool in a stinger or something. You'd probably get a little bit being thrown out horizontally perhaps making a bit of a glittering umbrella type of effect.