APC Forum

10 years

Richtee

I'd like to note the 10th year since the cowardly and underhanded attacks on the US were perpetrated by the insane faction of Islam whom still exist today. Not only have they cost me a person I knew, and my junk's privacy when flying, they cost me my peace of mind any time many of us Free People gather, AND my right to enjoy pyrotechnics without Big Bro looking over my little finger.

I'd like to pass on a hearty FUCK YOU to you chicken assed bastards, and may you rot in hell with the BBQ rib bones I tossed out from yesterdays' competition as your bed.

Just sayin'. Pussies.

Fuck Islamists.

I understand can understand the hatred of those who committed the acts, but to make statements of that sort toward an entire religion is unnecessary and quite bigoted. I have no control over your personal feelings, but do have control over the forum itself. I take stuff like this very seriously. I can't let you make statements like that and cast a black eye on the forum itself making all of us look like hate mongering assholes.

Instead, you should seek the more general source of hatred, belief in invisible sky fairies that are here to make the world better for you if you believe in them (unlike that other group of false-faerie worshippers - they're bound for eternal torture, and are - somewhat implausibly, but our faerie works in mysterious ways - responsible for all of our woes). But that's all i'm going to say about that.

Sorry to all those that have lost out of this event. There are so many. Directly, and indirectly. :(

Edited by aeon

"they cost me my peace of mind any time many of us Free People gather"

If you allow youself to think this way then they won.

Steve

Steve

To an extent they have. However, it has brought about many GOOD safety precautions. But also many BAD ones. I cannot help but rue the loss of the innocence of the attitudes and times from my youth and early adulthood. And the loss of personal freedoms that this new age has brought upon us. Perhaps you are young, and do not have a basis to understand my position.

On edit... I see you are NOT young ;{) Then you do know of my angst.

Edited by Richtee

Steve

They did win that day. It was a huge success in crippling the US. Not only did it cause people to fear terrorism, but it gave the government full permission from the voters to crack down and chip away at freedom. Freedom released for security is now a commonplace exchange. You can limit their victory by not allowing yourself to fear terrorism, but you can't chose whether or not to be effected by the new limits on freedom their attack brought about. The changes that took place in government 10 years ago are wounds that are likely never going to heal until the lifespan of this country burns out. Both of the world wars may have been easier to recover from than what these few terrorists did when they stabbed at the heart of what made the US a great country. Bastards, every one of them.

- Looks like Rich beat me to it.

Edited by NightHawkInLight

They did win that day. It was a huge success in crippling the US. Not only did it cause people to fear terrorism, but it gave the government full permission from the voters to crack down and chip away at freedom. Freedom released for security is now a commonplace exchange. You can limit their victory by not allowing yourself to fear terrorism, but you can't chose whether or not to be effected by the new limits on freedom their attack brought about. The changes that took place in government 10 years ago are wounds that are likely never going to heal until the lifespan of this country burns out. Both of the world wars may have been easier to recover from than what these few terrorists did when they stabbed at the heart of what made the US a great country. Bastards, every one of them.

- Looks like Rich beat me to it.

Ditto, now lets get out government back to basic governance and out of our lives!!

-dag

Fuck Islamists.

You can't just put a huge group of people under the same denominator. Terrorism doesn't anything to do with religion.

You can't just put a huge group of people under the same denominator. Terrorism doesn't anything to do with religion.

Out on a limb here but we had others blow up buildings in the USA way before the Islamic's did.

Anyone remember Timothy McVeigh?

-dag

It doesn't have to, but almost always does. One really effective way of motivating what often are otherwise good people into doing horrific things is promising them an afterlife of eternal joy and happiness in exchange for extinguishing the lives for others, with the "stamp of approval" or even urgings of a higher power

As for McVeigh, mindless nationalism is as much of a disease as extremist religion. So sad :( .

Edited by aeon

You might want to ask yourself why these Islamists were radicalised in the first place, do you think it might have had something to do with US foreign policy for the last 30 years?.. just sayin'.

You might want to ask yourself why these Islamists were radicalised in the first place, do you think it might have had something to do with US foreign policy for the last 30 years?.. just sayin'.

I think that's stretching too far to try to make the attack on 9/11 the fault of foreign policy. There have been attacks of all kinds on civilian and military alike long before the US even existed. For that matter, there are terrorist attacks going on all over the world. Why is it only the US that rather than being consoled when a tragedy happens, is criticized by others who say they did something to deserve it? There will always be people who hate other people enough to kill them regardless of policy. Turning the tragedy of 9/11 into a tool to advance your political beliefs makes you a scumbag. That's not saying you wouldn't be a successful bureaucrat in this political climate of finger pointing that has proved effective enough a strategy to corrupt even good intentioned people by the time they reach office.

John Dilinger said he robbed banks because thats where the money is,for a couple of hunderd years the Banks have been pulling all the strings,anyone notice how the names are dissappering,now banks are appreviated.? I fear no muslim jew christian but next to GOD he who holds the gold makes all the rules and little buy little your freedom is vanishing before you very eyse and no one does anything! It wont be long till theres only one bank and when that happens,well all I can say is,"keep your powder dry" mates!

ps: Ive been to many muslim countries trust me when I say they are wimps!

Edited by allrocketspsl

John Dilinger said he robbed banks because thats where the money is,for a couple of hunderd years the Banks have been pulling all the strings,

Heh...

Well, I did not mean to start a shit-storm here, and I'd like it even less if admin should decide to close this thread. I am grateful they allowed me a bit of "airtime" to vent at the end of a very stressful and emotional day. I am not usually given to these outbursts, but due to my experiences with the law AFTER 9/11 and the sheer callous coldness of the attack, AND the fact it's like yesterday..yet 10 years ago- I kinda came unglued a bit.

Someone get some 40 pound kraft and tighten me back up please :lol:

Ill spike it. :P Edited by busspuppy

This is a passionate subject for just about everyone so it's understandable that some disputes may occur. As we all have done in past circumstances here, there is no reason we can't get into it a little and remain friends and allies where it counts. Business as usual.

This is a passionate subject for just about everyone so it's understandable that some disputes may occur. As we all have done in past circumstances here, there is no reason we can't get into it a little and remain friends and allies where it counts. Business as usual.

Well said, sir. I echo these sentiments. And further on...I appreciate the alternative views. Din't say I LIKE them, mind you- but this IS America, after all. ;)

think that's stretching too far to try to make the attack on 9/11 the fault of foreign policy. There have been attacks of all kinds on civilian and military alike long before the US even existed. For that matter, there are terrorist attacks going on all over the world.

NHL, Foreign policy is DEFINITELY a MAJOR cause in all international acts of violence. That is not to say it's the sole cause, but it's definitely one to consider, in tandem with sympathy and consolation. If you look at some of the foreign policy blunders done by the US which could conceivably be the spark that turned someone violently mad, many have been nothing short of atrocious, and you cannot deny that these things incite further violence.

Yes, there will always be those who will kill and maim for no reason at all, but 9/11 was NOT one of these. While I think it was wholly unjustified, Osama Bin Laden was pretty clear on what faults he saw in the US. While I'm not saying that we should empathize with him, (some of) the faults he saw were genuine, and to ignore them is self defeating. Self criticism is part of successful healing.

Why is it only the US that rather than being consoled when a tragedy happens, is criticized by others who say they did something to deserve it? There will always be people who hate other people enough to kill them regardless of policy.

It's not. I've come across this argument so often. Almost every time I've talked to someone from a country involved in a conflict zone actually. Israeli's, Americans, Sri Lancans, Turks, Chinese, you name it.

If you do anything, you get feedback. If you're a country involved in wars (the US does this quite a bit right) you get criticism. Something on the scale of these attacks is going to be a pretty good incentive to look at the background to the events, so there will also be an increase in criticism

EVERYONE gets it, so the argument is just as valid as "Why is it only Indonesia that rather than being consoled when a tragedy happens, is criticized by others who say they did something to deserve it?" and I consider that to be not valid at all.

I stress that criticism should come with consolation, sympathy and outrage at violent crimes. However, if you reject the impact that certain events way in the past have had in breeding these monsters, you loose the best tool you have for minimization of terrorism - prevention of the root causes that trigger extremist views.

I'll conclude by agreeing that comments on the attacks that ignore the terrible suffering of the victims, only to play the blame game are insulting and grotesque.

Edited by Seymour

I'll conclude by agreeing that comments on the attacks that ignore the terrible suffering of the victims, only to play the blame game are insulting and grotesque.

Indeed. I almost asked admin to delete the thread when I read the ad hoc reply alluded to. Thank you folks. This has been an enlightening series of thoughts, and somewhat consoling to my (apparent) anger on the subject.