APC Forum

Sell me some stuff?

californiapyro

Hi all! I will be attending WPA's Do-It in two weekends, and I just realized I need certain supplies. If you are attending and would like to sell some of these to me at cost (or near cost) I would really appreciate it! I need:

3" hemis (fuse holes all ready drilled)

1/4 inch ID X 2 inch long paper tubes (spolette)

1 pound rocket tubes

Possibly more to come...

thanks!

-Cali

Hi all! I will be attending WPA's Do-It in two weekends, and I just realized I need certain supplies. If you are attending and would like to sell some of these to me at cost (or near cost) I would really appreciate it! I need:

1 pound rocket tubes

Possibly more to come...

thanks!

-Cali

Flying Pheonix sells 3" hemis and will deliver them to the convention for free check out the class B list at the bottom. You can either buy a full case of 400 for $80.00 or individual units which are 20 cents a piece. How many 1/4" tubes do you need? I might have enough to give you.

I have some plastic 3 inch hemis and some 36 inch lengths of 1 pound rocket tube that you can cut to size. I have a few 1/4 inch tubes, but rather than spolettes I suggest 1/4 inch time fuse (of which I have plenty), or you can buy spolettes ready made in various time delays from Flying Phoenix.

Flying Pheonix sells 3" hemis and will deliver them to the convention for free check out the class B list at the bottom. You can either buy a full case of 400 for $80.00 or individual units which are 20 cents a piece. How many 1/4" tubes do you need? I might have enough to give you.

oh okay didn't realize they did hemis. probably 10-20 but i can always use extra :) thanks

I have some plastic 3 inch hemis and some 36 inch lengths of 1 pound rocket tube that you can cut to size. I have a few 1/4 inch tubes, but rather than spolettes I suggest 1/4 inch time fuse (of which I have plenty), or you can buy spolettes ready made in various time delays from Flying Phoenix.

really you prefer time fuse? spolettes are more consistent with me. great ill have maybe 2-6 tubes, happy to pay for em let me know how much they cost you. i will check out flying phoenix, i didn't know they had spolettes. thanks!

1 pound rocket tubes

Possibly more to come...

thanks!

-Cali

I need a few chems if you have a surplus of any of them, we can trade probably.

I definitely need strontium carbonate, barium nitrate, and gummed tape for 3" hemis (.5"?)

I want ~40-325 mesh Ferro-Ti, boric acid, a small amount of 36-mesh charcoal (I won't ever use the 5lb minimum that the vendor has on that!), medium spherical Titanium, and less so 325 mesh Atomized Al (I have 400 mesh and it seems to work ok, just a bit fast for D1)

For most of those I would need probably less than 100g for the convention, which is all I need to have at the moment. Between Do-It and the WWB I can (hopefully!) save up enough cash for all the chems ill need for a awhile :wub: Right now im pretty strapped though :lol:

I may need more pot perch, but ill have to weight out my oxidizers tomorrow.

I have ~25 extra 1lb tubes that I won't use, as well as ~30 extra spolette tubes (red spiral wound from pyrocreations). Depending on what you need I could order 3" hemis for both of us in exchange for chems.

Im actually compiling my list now, as the deadline for pre ordering chems is on the 12th. So ill edit this thread tonight or in the morning if I need more stuff that you might have.

Looks like the class B list has AWESOME prices for things.

Like $7 for 10meters of cheap chinese time fuse, haven't tried it so I can't say bad things about it though.

$6.16 for 20 METERS of chinese quick match!

$3 for used HDPE 3", $4 for 4inch of the same.

Im also picking up some 3" paper hemis, 4" paper hemis, and a 6" or two for some later date.

We should be able to bring excess quick match and time fuse out of the convention as well.

Edited by PersonGuyDude

I definitely need strontium carbonate, barium nitrate, and gummed tape for 3" hemis (.5"?)

I want ~40-325 mesh Ferro-Ti, boric acid, a small amount of 36-mesh charcoal (I won't ever use the 5lb minimum that the vendor has on that!), medium spherical Titanium, and less so 325 mesh Atomized Al (I have 400 mesh and it seems to work ok, just a bit fast for D1)

For most of those I would need probably less than 100g for the convention, which is all I need to have at the moment. Between Do-It and the WWB I can (hopefully!) save up enough cash for all the chems ill need for a awhile :wub: Right now im pretty strapped though :lol:

I may need more pot perch, but ill have to weight out my oxidizers tomorrow.

I have ~25 extra 1lb tubes that I won't use, as well as ~30 extra spolette tubes (red spiral wound from pyrocreations). Depending on what you need I could order 3" hemis for both of us in exchange for chems.

Im actually compiling my list now, as the deadline for pre ordering chems is on the 12th. So ill edit this thread tonight or in the morning if I need more stuff that you might have.

Looks like the class B list has AWESOME prices for things.

Like $7 for 10meters of cheap chinese time fuse, haven't tried it so I can't say bad things about it though.

$6.16 for 20 METERS of chinese quick match!

$3 for used HDPE 3", $4 for 4inch of the same.

Im also picking up some 3" paper hemis, 4" paper hemis, and a 6" or two for some later date.

We should be able to bring excess quick match and time fuse out of the convention as well.

i have all of those chems, so im sure we could work out a deal :) sounds good. also I might need a few more things in the way of supplies, ill keep ya posted!

i have all of those chems, so im sure we could work out a deal :) sounds good. also I might need a few more things in the way of supplies, ill keep ya posted!

Cool, ill count my tubes right now to make sure, I have both 1/4" and 1/8" wall. Do you have a preference? I've found both to work fine with BP rockets.

Looks like I can part with:

~25 1lb tubes, 1/4" or 1/8" wall, is that enough?

30 1/4" spiral wound red Spolette tubes. (Gee, why color spolette tubes red? :whistle:)

Edited by PersonGuyDude

Cool, ill count my tubes right now to make sure, I have both 1/4" and 1/8" wall. Do you have a preference? I've found both to work fine with BP rockets.

Looks like I can part with:

~25 1lb tubes, 1/4" or 1/8" wall, is that enough?

30 1/4" spiral wound red Spolette tubes. (Gee, why color spolette tubes red? :whistle:)

id prefer 1/4 inch, since I ram without a support sleeve, but if you think the 1/8 will work ill give em a shot :) haha, red spolette tubes of course. hey thanks! let me know the quantities of each chemical that you need and ill see what I can do for ya. idk if i can bring a pound of each in exchange for those tubes, (chems tend to be on the expensive side) but ill be generous since shipping tubes in this timeframe would be murder. :rolleyes:

For most of those I would need probably less than 100g for the convention, which is all I need to have at the moment. Between Do-It and the WWB I can (hopefully!) save up enough cash for all the chems ill need

Email Doug about the 36 mesh 5lb limit, im sure he can help you out. For 3" hemis I use either 3/4" or 1" tape. Ive found the 1" stuff to go really quick, about 12 strips a lap.

Legally, no. Time fuse yes, but no quickmatch.can be taken out of the convention. No E-Match either. It's in the gate policy posted on the WPA website.

Edited by Xtreme Pyro

really? I thought that qm was legal to take out...

id prefer 1/4 inch, since I ram without a support sleeve, but if you think the 1/8 will work ill give em a shot :) haha, red spolette tubes of course. hey thanks! let me know the quantities of each chemical that you need and ill see what I can do for ya. idk if i can bring a pound of each in exchange for those tubes, (chems tend to be on the expensive side) but ill be generous since shipping tubes in this timeframe would be murder. :rolleyes:

I don't need alot, lemme figure out my star comps and ill get back to ya. I'm thinking:

10 rockets with 2" canister headers according to skylighters glitter tutorial

10 rockets with 3" paper ball shells

10 each of plastic 3" ball and 2" canister shells on, guess what, rockets ;)

After testing the amount of comp I would need for each I think I am gonna make:

300g D1 glitter

300g Willow

1000g Veline Color (assorted)

300g Cali’s Red Streamer

300g Zinc

Not including the willow diadem for the skylighter rockets...

Legally, no. Time fuse yes, but no quickmatch.can be taken out of the convention. No E-Match either. It's in the gate policy posted on the WPA website.

It WAS their gate policy, they changed it for WWB 2011.

I saw someone selling it in the C tent and I asked if we could take it out of the convention.

After confirming with gate employees, who then asked someone apparently high up the ladder, on the radio to double check, they let us out.

Still no e-match, but I am glad for that.

It WAS their gate policy, they changed it for WWB 2011.

I saw someone selling it in the C tent and I asked if we could take it out of the convention.

After confirming with gate employees, who then asked someone apparently high up the ladder, on the radio to double check, they let us out.

Still no e-match, but I am glad for that.

Oh cool, wasn't aware of that change. It was not allowed last year. Thanks.

I'll bring my chemical inventory, you can have at it. I have pretty much everything, including some exotics, though I'm running short of some mundane stuff like sulfur. I'll be putting in an order with Tim Seekon in the next couple of days so if you want anything and care to split it, drop me a PM.