APC Forum

Stars on the ground

Thunderr1

That's what a free country looks like. Getting singed is part of the fun. You youngsters wouldn't remember, but it used to be like that here once, back before you could find a lawyer to sue someone because you spilled a cup of coffee.

I spent alot of time in thailand and can belive it,small local festivals are worse than this shit fired off in the streets with everybody walking down the road not even stopping to look just everyday life,they celebrate evreything even if certain flowers bloom! True!!! psi cant remember the name of it but all hell breaks loose when it blooms!

I wonder why so many of those shells were breaking low. Different country or not, I generally choose to be further away unless I at least have long pants and shirt on and am one of the operators of the show.

Not unusual for my country either. I remember a story about a private mobster party, when the host has bought pro shells of 4" and a mortar tube. Everybody got drunk and he let his bodyguard fire the shells. This happens in their private villa. The guy puts the mortar on the ground unsecured, fires the quickmatch and holds the mortar with his hands while it fires. Everybody enjoys it, when after some shots, the mortar decides to fall with a shell fuse ignited. The shell fires from the mortar, going straight through the window, into the house where the party is, then BANG!

Naked or not, chicks, men, everything runs away :D

Story #2

Hustle for the NYE... A friend of mine, who's in charge for NYE shows, doesn't have enough men for everywhere. While he desperately searches, the son of one of his old friends calls him.

"Dude, I can handle this, I'm a military, I have experience with this stuff and bla bla"

Ok, he said. Get the mortar racks, get the 3 and 4" inchers and fire at the hotel at 00:20.

The new year has begun.. some days afterwards, my friend goes to the hotel to ask how the show was.

-Hey, did you like the show?

-Well, I really don't know. Was it normal to see the fireworks so low?

-What do you mean low?

-The effects were really low ground

-What do you mean? All of them?

-Yeah, almost I think. No much than 20-30 meters of height.

-30 meters?! Are you kidding me?

The he calls the so cocky military guy:

-Hey, what happened with the show? The spectators claim the effects where very low ground.

-Wooow, the show was great man! But there's something weird in these fireworks. Some go very loud from the mortar. Some don't. The effects were mostly bouqet like.

-Wait a second, how did you install the fireworks?

-Dunno man, I was kind of drunk. We had to hurry, the racks were heavy. We put them on ground, slammed the shells in the tubes quickly and fired, it was dark so we didn't see anything.

-Are you sure you didn't put the shells the other way in?

-I don't know man, does it matter anyway? The show was f great!

:D

Edited by 50AE