APC Forum

Updated ball mill

eggi96

This is my updated ball mill. Took me some time to think of and gather the parts. But yer hope you like it

That looks like an accident waiting to happen. :( What is your jar made of, and why are the ends held on with duct tape?! Your RPM is also way too high.

jeez!, you need a rethink my friend , god only knows what kind of gruesome machinery gave up its guts to provide that "primary" roller it may look great in a steam punk way?, but its not helping you to reduce the rpm of your motor , you've essentially lost half of the potential from your large pulley. have a look at mine , 23761 views :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqwdLXrdDLk Edited by drthrust

the tape isnt doing anything the jar is all held by plumbers glue the tape was just there to secure my screw on lthe id from unscrewing itself. It works for me takes only 3 hours to crush up my blackpowder to a very fine powder. I got the the machine from a homemade grape crusher to make wine. The jar is made out of pvc and one of the ends are permanetly glued on and the other end is a screw on lid like the one plumbers use in sewerage pipes.

jeez!, you need a rethink my friend , god only knows what kind of gruesome machinery gave up its guts to provide that "primary" roller it may look great in a steam punk way?, but its not helping you to reduce the rpm of your motor , you've essentially lost half of the potential from your large pulley. have a look at mine , 23761 views :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqwdLXrdDLk

your design is good but my jar is much larger therefore needs to grind more powder so I like my mill the way it is. Yes I know it is a bit ghetto but hey at least i never had to fork our for one of those cheap ball mills that always break

Congrats on the build. I know how hard it is to come up with the right combination of unique parts to make our most coveted prize. Your rpm does look kinda fast but I assume you have already milled some chems and it must work. And to agree with Drthrust, it looks like it would fit great as a prop in a batman movie!