APC Forum

WPA Do-it Hawthorne, NV 2011

Xtreme Pyro

On September 22nd - 24th WPA will be holding Do-It in Hawthorne Nevada. Membership and event registration can be found at http://www.westernpyro.org. Members can pre-order cases of class C product (You can buy individual items at the convention) and order class B product on the clubs licence. Members can also manufacture at the event. Anyone going to this? If so let me know, maybe we can build a few shells together. I'll be here all three days. biggrin2.gif

Edit:

Just received this email from WPA president Pete Wood:

We need ALL OF YOU reading this that plan on attending DO IT in Hawthorne this year, to step up NOW and register for the event and reserve your hotel room. I have now gotten the hotel to extend their room block end date to September 15th, 2011. After that, you might be staying in your car / truck. This hotel has great rates compared to Havasu and should be considered. A LOT of people have put a LOT of time and effort into this event for you! Please return the favor and register and reserve your rooms now. We have done our part, now it's up to the membership to do theirs. I can cancel this event (although it's absolutely the last thing I want to do) up to 7 days in advance of our start date. IF we don't have the numbers by then, I will.

Think I won't? Remember two years ago in Havasu?

I won't put those who are volunteering their time and efforts, in a low attended event. I just won't. I won't spend 11 days away from my business and home, if this event won't be supported by the WPA membership. I can't ask them too as well.

Pretty sure you have the part about buying B product on the club's license part wrong, or the club is going against the most recent ATF interpretation of fireworks regulation as of a few years ago. I know for certain that nobody can transport B product under a club license anymore. I believe the interpretation more or less took any benefits of a club license away from the members, which would make transferring regulated fireworks from a club to an unlicensed member just like buying any explosive and giving it to a guy on the street. Gotta get to bed or I'd find the document for you. I believe it's somewhere in the legal section of the PGI website.

The club allows members to Pre-Order product and have it delivered to the convention for them. The product must be shot on site, members who don't have a licence of there own are not allowed to take it home, or transport it.

NH, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but this is actually fairly common even at PGI. You order the class B stuff, and it gets delivered to the convention to you where you are covered by the license. This is done under the assumption that whatever you get will be fired at the event. Clearly taking anything home with you would provide some issues.

The club allows members to Pre-Order product and have it delivered to the convention for them. The product must be shot on site, members who don't have a licence of there own are not allowed to take it home, or transport it.

Got it, you're buying the right to light. Never mind me.

well, you know ill be there :) did you get a mfg slot yet xp?

I will be going for the first time.

Since it works with my schedule I will be at the hotel by Tuesday night, and will help build up the event. Ill be there Sunday to help tear down the event as well, can't miss the burn pile this time ;)

Look for the big kid with a big smile pounding rockets in the mfg area ;)

I apologize to Californiapyro, I was supposed to give you the email of who to contact for a manufacturing application awhile ago. So sorry, it slipped my mind. According to the email Bill Ryan will not be back from vacation until Sept 15 :o

Ill PM you the email now.

FYI, the 2011 Class B order form is up on the WPA site today. However, to confuse the Feds it's called the "Class C" order form, and to confuse everyone else it's in the abominable new Microsoft XML format that needs the most recent version of Office to open. You can however open it with Open Office if you append an 'x' to the file extension, ie rename it to '2011ClassC.xlsx'.

thanks personguydude :) peret, lol! haha they mislabeled them, the class b link opens the class c form and so on. does anyone know if you can buy partial/full case class b without a pre-order? meaning, when you show up to the convention Edited by californiapyro

@ Californiapyro

Yep, sent my manufacturing form in. As for B product, you have to pre order it to get it.

Edited by Xtreme Pyro

Just received this email from WPA president Pete Wood:

We need ALL OF YOU reading this that plan on attending DO IT in Hawthorne this year, to step up NOW and register for the event and reserve your hotel room. I have now gotten the hotel to extend their room block end date to September 15th, 2011. After that, you might be staying in your car / truck. This hotel has great rates compared to Havasu and should be considered. A LOT of people have put a LOT of time and effort into this event for you! Please return the favor and register and reserve your rooms now. We have done our part, now it's up to the membership to do theirs. I can cancel this event (although it's absolutely the last thing I want to do) up to 7 days in advance of our start date. IF we don't have the numbers by then, I will.

Think I won't? Remember two years ago in Havasu?

I won't put those who are volunteering their time and efforts, in a low attended event. I just won't. I won't spend 11 days away from my business and home, if this event won't be supported by the WPA membership. I can't ask them too as well.

Everyone who hasn't registered for the event that plans on going.. PLEASE DO ASAP! We CAN make Do-It happen. Thanks for posting that Peret, I tried putting it in the first post but for some reason it won't let me edit. Can a Mod please edit that into my first post? Thanks.

This is just unbelievable. I'll be exceeding vexed if this event gets cancelled. For Winter Blast, every hotel room in Lake Havasu City was taken six weeks ahead. Now we can't get enough people to half-fill one small hotel at a wide spot in the road? Jeez. WPA must be full of dilettantes - no, worse - fuse lighters. They should restrict membership to people who have actually made a firework.

i registered. but idk if i will have enough money to go </3

• 2 weeks later...

im going biggrin2.gif. anyone want to split a case of shells or sell me a couple

The pre order deadline for Class B and C has already passed. But they will sell class C in a tent on site, the class C has some pretty good deals too, 30$ for a box of the Megabanger Exterimator shells (24 per box).

The pre order deadline for Class B and C has already passed. But they will sell class C in a tent on site, the class C has some pretty good deals too, 30$ for a box of the Megabanger Exterimator shells (24 per box).

ok cool, do you think you can send me the class c list of items they r selling. i cant download the one on the WPA website, i have a mac

ok cool, do you think you can send me the class c list of items they r selling. i cant download the one on the WPA website, i have a mac

Sorry missed your post somehow. I will PM you the list.

We had a great time at Do It. The weather was perfect, except for a little wind on Saturday and a 1 minute shower. We met up with a number of other members from here and others I know from Passfire. Mrs P and I completed and fired 12 four inch shells between us. The last couple were burst with chopped-up quick match because we ran out of BP hulls, and to my eye they broke the hardest. We were going to do some rockets also, but I wasn't able to get the first one off the spindle, so that didn't go so well.

post-10245-0-41400200-1317005423_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of a blown 5 inch HDPE mortar from Do It, after the bottom shot of a salami went off inside it. Nobody was killed, one slightly bruised, one rack totalled

post-10245-0-09315100-1317011099_thumb.jpg

Woah! that's quite a nice HDPE sculpture there. What created it?

I love the use of QM as burst!

Looks like it was a good meet!