APC Forum

PVC PIPE CUTTER (large diameter)

oldguy

gallery_10713_78_130250.jpg

Reed TC8QA

Will cut 6.25 to 10.25 inch PVC pipe

(will cut schedule 80)

Hard to find, but they are out there.

You need a chain vice, or can build one to use this cutter.

Not difficult to build a large clamp type vice out of threaded rod, nuts, washers & wood to hold the pipe in place.

(slight learning curve & strong arms required) :rolleyes:

gallery_10713_78_130250.jpg

Reed TC8QA

Will cut 6.25 to 10.25 inch PVC pipe

(will cut schedule 80)

Hard to find, but they are out there.

You need a chain vice, or can build one to use this cutter.

Not difficult to build a large clamp type vice out of threaded rod, nuts, washers & wood to hold the pipe in place.That drain pipe cost 12.00 us dollars for a 24" long piece by 12" daimeter

(slight learning curve & strong arms required) :rolleyes:

nice tool,I set my table saw on 1/2" blade height lay a piece in a jig(a 90 degree "V" to set in, rotate the tube.

Wow, I have one, oh I dont know 1/100 of that size to cut copper pipe with lol. I am trying the table saw thing next week. The jig sounds promising, something to do with all the conveyor rollers I have :D

nice tool,I set my table saw on 1/2" blade height lay a piece in a jig(a 90 degree "V" to set in, rotate the tube.

I do the same thing also. Wise to use a very fine tooth blade for a smother cut.

• 2 weeks later...

OG, I got the things cut! Ended up cutting it with a skill saw (fine tooth blade of course) then putting it on my ball mill and drawing a line while it was spinning.

I got the 4's and 6's working great with test plugs but the test plugs for 8's are EXPENSIVE and the 12's wont work. Looks like its going to be flat pvc or something. Thanks for the help!

post-10941-0-98834300-1314908918_thumb.jpg

I've wanted one of these for PVC ever since I first used a copper cutter. I bet it works wonders when you need a perfectly straight edge. I'll be keeping my eyes out for one.

OG, I got the things cut! Ended up cutting it with a skill saw (fine tooth blade of course) then putting it on my ball mill and drawing a line while it was spinning.

I got the 4's and 6's working great with test plugs but the test plugs for 8's are EXPENSIVE and the 12's wont work. Looks like its going to be flat pvc or something. Thanks for the help!

Best buy on flat PVC is @ link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PVC-Plastic-Sheet-Remnants-/260754447272?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb62d1ba8

• 11 months later...

I've wanted to have that tool too. With that, I'll stop persevering in using hacksaw with the PVC pipes. Where can I purchase one at a good and affordable price?

plumbing