APC Forum

Tri State Who is going?

moondogman

I'll be there for sure now. Don't know if I'll be heading out thursday night or friday morning. To those who have been in previous years, is there any reason I might want to get there by thursday?

I'll be there for sure now. Don't know if I'll be heading out thursday night or friday morning. To those who have been in previous years, is there any reason I might want to get there by thursday?

The only reason I am arriving Thursday is so I can get a head start. I am not a morning person and I don't want to deal with driving there and setting up my camper Friday morning.

Ditto on that headstart and its closer from work. I think I packed everything I might need. + everything else :wacko:

Steve

Mapquest says 368 mi Wife and I both have to stop every 1.2-2 hrs and stretch/walk a few minute so it will take about 8 hrs

Don't want to leave that early Friday, so it's easier to come up Thurs

Should be there 6-7 pm

The shoot site is about 15 minutes from work, if I head that way when I get off in the morning, nobody will be there. I think I will head out friday morning, I am not a morning person either, but it is only an hour away from home. I am leaning towards sleeping at home friday night too, but I will still pack my tent on case I change my mind.

I'll probably see you all friday around 2 then, doesn't sound like much of a party thursday. 5 hour drive for me.

Guess I should have checked the registration form sooner, I assumed this was going to be like any other club shoot. I didn't realize there were seminars and such, or a registration fee which I should have sent in a little earlier...I should probably ask since I don't see it on the site, is tent camping free?

I'll probably see you all friday around 2 then, doesn't sound like much of a party thursday. 5 hour drive for me.

Guess I should have checked the registration form sooner, I assumed this was going to be like any other club shoot. I didn't realize there were seminars and such, or a registration fee which I should have sent in a little earlier...I should probably ask since I don't see it on the site, is tent camping free?

tent camping is $5 per night

come by and say hi

I'll be next to or behing Ned

Wife and I are tent camping, look for a charcoal gray Chevy HHR w/KY tag

Packed and ready to go, I'll be leaving around 8am. Unfortunately I did not get my prototype rocket rack finished before it got too dark to work outside. Drive safe everyone, see you all this weekend.

Woo hoo I had a ball!! It was great meeting everyone. 14 1# rockets this weekend. NO CATO's :D Only one round trip with one MnO2 rocket. I had a grin on my face all weekend.

Steve

Moondogman, Algenco, NightHawkInLight, it was a pleasure meeting all of you. Thanks for the help and encouragement in the manufacturing area. My rockets that left the rack were too slow and going back to the ground. I was given some hotter powder which led to a CATO. I had a 1 pound rocket with a nozzle fly perfect with what I intended to be nozzeless fuel. I also made some 60:30:10 fuel with some coal a friend gave me and milled for a few hours, which also led to a CATO.

So one successful flight and a few successful static tests after about a half dozen attempts. Even though some of the guys were making fun of my "class c sized" product, I made some 1/2" plasma cutter fountains from a skylighter project that was posted a while back and they worked great.

I was able to sit on on some nice seminars on mines, Red Chuffer Rockets and BP Rockets. I met some great people who seemed more than happy to help a new pyro things to work. The B line was full of great shells and rockets.

Thanks for Ben Smith and his generous donation to the auction, I'm also the proud owner of a new 1# U/H tooling set. I took a good look at everyone's tools and I have an idea in my head of a press I want to build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO-VCKCZPfc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gxbjFFe-K4

Something weird happened when I rotated the fountain video to the proper orientation. The Ti spray was taller and narrow and not as squat as it appears to be. Those little fountains have quite a bit of thrust. I'm going to put a few on a wheel for the next shoot.

Edited by nater

Congrats Nate, I am so happy that you all had a great time and the there were rockets galore!

I was harvesting grapes and have 750 pounds of grapes that I will be de-stemming come tomorrow! As usual, I will be bringing wine to PGI for you all to taste (21 and up).

-dag

I had a lot of fun down there as well. I must have missed you though Nater, or at least met you without knowing it. There were a ton of very nice shells fired right away, and a very cool mascaletta (at least when it was going). I really liked Mike's. It was rather ominous with all of those lit salutes just swinging there,

I must have missed you too, I was the one pounding motors on the floor after I cracked the ramming block I brought with me in half. I was going between the manufacturing area and the B-line, but I met so many people it is hard to keep track of everyone.

Congrats Nate, I am so happy that you all had a great time and the there were rockets galore!

I was harvesting grapes and have 750 pounds of grapes that I will be de-stemming come tomorrow! As usual, I will be bringing wine to PGI for you all to taste (21 and up).

-dag

Yumm, what kind of grapes>

I so love a good red full bodied wine without all the sulfates added for preservation.

They are all Minnesota hearty grapes, Frontenac (deep red, big oak), Prairie Star (white, semi-dry), Frontenac Gris (a white version of Frontenac, semi-sweet), all with no preservatives or Sulphates except the ones used to sanitize the equipment.

-dag