APC Forum

Need plastic lightweight tubing 3/4" ID

h&k machineguns

I'm looking into buying a bunch of tubing,but have not been able to come up with much on google.I have searched all the locals here in AZ also and came up with nothing.

I'm needing this tubing for the 4OZ rockets. I plan on using the tubing as a disposable sleave type body for 4 oz rockets wich measure 3/4 inch OD. The tube will need to be 4" or bigger(I have no problem cutting though).I need the tube to be light and stiff. I'm picturing a plastic tube with the wall thickness of a perscription pill bottle(The little yellowish orange bottles)

I may actually need a touch bigger ID,because of the possible expansion that the rocket body get's during the pressing. I probably should measure a finished rocket motor first,hmm .

OD doesn't mean anything. I'm just wanting something cheap and light weight. Thanks for your help

I do believe that PVC is quite often used. Usually it is cut down one side, and secured with hose clamps. This allows the clamps to be loosened and take the sleeve off easily.

Out of curiosity, why do you want it disposable?

I do believe that PVC is quite often used. Usually it is cut down one side, and secured with hose clamps. This allows the clamps to be loosened and take the sleeve off easily.

Out of curiosity, why do you want it disposable?

I want these are for rocket bodies. I use the PVC pipe for my reinforce sleave along this hose clamps.

• 4 years later...

I want these are for rocket bodies. I use the PVC pipe for my reinforce sleave along this hose clamps.

I was looking at old rocket posts and thought that I would comment on a few:

Lightweight plastic tubes for rocket bodies can be purchased at hardware stores like Lowe's. They are safety sleeves made for T5 light bulbs. They are almost 3/4" OD. T8 sleeves are a little over 1" OD.

Filled with expanding foam, these make outstanding model rocket bodies. The T8 sleeve makes for an almost perfect fit for a 3/4" (1#) motor.