APC Forum

6 "peanut rising gold flowers to silver/blue flower garden to 4 Ti salute

fredhappy

I've wanted to build this shell for some time. So, I made up a sketch, and started building one.

It is a 6 "peanut. The lower peanut consists of 9x 2"inserts B70 Blue /KCLO4 silver wave. The upper has 4x Ti- 2.5 "salute. On top of the peanut I've knotted a 4x2 inch rising flower attachment. The rising C6/Ti flowers are all attached with hemp rope . It looks a bit like a crown ,but works perfect. Shells really stay attached as rising effects when you use hemp rope.

It was a lot of work to build this large peanut. I wanted it to be of the best/safest quality as possible, and also have it look good. I only used kraft and wheat pasting techniques, this always gives me the nicest results.

Since I've broken all the inserts with KP on hulls , I had to paste quite a bit. Building took me about one week with drying times in between layers . I did a little bit every day.

Overall, I was very pleased. It was very spectacular and loud in person . Full sky, nice spread of inserts, especially considered the weak 3/1 MCRH I use for these insert shells. Always be careful not to over paste these shells. 3 layers of 3 strip with kraft is more then enough.

Let me know what you guys think. If you have any questions regarding construction, please consult the sketch picture first. I basically wrote everything down fo y'all . I hope this helps.

best

fred

post-10434-0-21251000-1313281556_thumb.jpg

post-10434-0-92034700-1313285832_thumb.jpg

post-10434-0-14181700-1313286371_thumb.jpg

Edited by fredhappy

Very nice Fred.

When are you going to open your own Fireworks Factory?

Thanks for sharing,

BJV

Wowsers.. Nice one Fred! Pinda!

Too bad the camera didn't pick up the rising effects really good, I bet this was impressive in real life!

You know, with all these insert shells one day you'll break down and just start making cylindrical shells :D Very beautiful shells.

Thanks guys, all of your comments are much appreciated.

@ mumbles : yes, I am very eager to make some cannisters and try them out. I really do like the round ballshell principle. It offers great many artistic possibilities, like shapes, changes and so fort. They also have a fairly wide margin for error. Ballshells also work very good for insert shells once you've got all the parameters dialed in. I experienced enough break downs during this process already....

Building them also teaches you how to make large quantities of small calibre ballshell inserts...blush.gif

post-10434-0-41125900-1313374927_thumb.jpg

Edited by fredhappy

Good job Fred, That last photo is that another shell of shells, or another foto of your peanut?

How much of what lift did you use to lift it?

Probably THE coolest single shell of that size I have seen on the internetz WELL DONE!

Good job Fred, That last photo is that another shell of shells, or another foto of your peanut?

How much of what lift did you use to lift it?

Pic was taken during construction of posted shell. Lift is ordinary 12 mesh pulverone made with grape C. I used about 9.5% for this shell. It was a bit too much lift for my taste, but since I am shooting multiple salute/colour inserts I tend to rather opt for a high altitude break instead of head butting salute inserts back.... next time I will shorten my timefuse a bit, and try going for a studata type of timing..

All i can say is BADASS

That was quite spectacular. The time energy effort and thought that has to go into those shells boggles my mind. Cant wait to see the next one!