APC Forum

PVC Pipes for mill jars. too expensive?

pyrosailor99

Hi all!

i've seen tens of pictures of people that use PVC pipes as mill jar.

in my country, ti fond a PVC pipe is easy... but it's not easy to find a pipe with a decent wall thickness!

i've searched in many stores (and big stores), pipes of 15-20cm ID with a wall thickness of 5mm or more are very very expensive. think that none can sell only a piece of this pipe. the entire pipe measure 6 meters and it cost about 80USD/meter.

i don't wand mind to CAPS!! Rubber caps or PVC caps or Reductions costs about 70USD/piece and the price get exponentially higher if you increase ID.

i'm wondering if in US you can get that pipe i see for a lower price...

i think i will use Protein Jars for bodybuilders as my JAR... but i'm just wondering if it could resist to a total load of about 12-15lb (Zirconia Media + BP)

Hi all!

i've seen tens of pictures of people that use PVC pipes as mill jar.

in my country, ti fond a PVC pipe is easy... but it's not easy to find a pipe with a decent wall thickness!

i've searched in many stores (and big stores), pipes of 15-20cm ID with a wall thickness of 5mm or more are very very expensive. think that none can sell only a piece of this pipe. the entire pipe measure 6 meters and it cost about 80USD/meter.

i don't wand mind to CAPS!! Rubber caps or PVC caps or Reductions costs about 70USD/piece and the price get exponentially higher if you increase ID.

i'm wondering if in US you can get that pipe i see for a lower price...

i think i will use Protein Jars for bodybuilders as my JAR... but i'm just wondering if it could resist to a total load of about 12-15lb (Zirconia Media + BP)

if you have a Lowes near by look for the drainage pipe its tourquiose in color and they sell it for 15.00 us 2 foot sections then in the same area(plumbing) they sell caps for 5.50 us dollars cheaper than the regualr pvc its used for drainage thus not as thick but still makes great ball mill jugs or what you need

Sailor,

Here in the US schedule 80 pipe in 8,10,12 inch sizes is EXPENSIVE and like where you live they only want to sell it in full lengths. I was pulling my hair out untill OG said his was basically odd size pieces from constrution work. I got mine just going to the construction sites and asking around. As far as end caps go, yes they are crazy expensive too. Thats why OG spent months trying to develope the ideal end cap. I use a similiar design with flat pvc sheet on ends. Instead of glueing them in I use brass all thread and washers that run through the middle. Not nearly as neat and tidy as OGs but serves my purpose well. Look around, you can find what you want and btw, those protein jars are not going to hold up long!

Later