21 replies to this topic

#21 Arthur

Arthur

Firebreather

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:23 AM

The 60;20;10;10 mix is one I played with a while ago. Works fine and binds well with acetone which turns the parlon sticky and it sticks to EVERYTHING. Clean your tools before they set solid!

Remember that coloured flame powders do NOT prove that the comp will be a good star. For that you must make a star and propel it through air. Several comps need atmospheric air to complete the burn, or need airflow to cool the flame to allow good blues.

#22 andyboy

andyboy

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:26 AM

The 60;20;10;10 mix is one I played with a while ago. Works fine and binds well with acetone which turns the parlon sticky and it sticks to EVERYTHING. Clean your tools before they set solid!

Remember that coloured flame powders do NOT prove that the comp will be a good star. For that you must make a star and propel it through air. Several comps need atmospheric air to complete the burn, or need airflow to cool the flame to allow good blues.

You can put your tools in acetone if you forget to clean them immediately. I might add that some stars need airflow to break of small layers of the burning comp to allow for spark-trails.
Pasting is supposed to be messy, kinda like sex.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users