APC Forum

KeteN questioned for the tragedy in Norway

pudidotdk

It would appear KeteN sold chemicals to Anders Breivik who was responsible for the Oslo bomb and the coldblooded murdering of young people on Utøya.

I sympatize greatly for the families of the lost. While I do not personally believe Lukasz Mikus is directly responsible for the killings, I will however suggest no one buys from KeteN in the near future, as he is under questioning by Polish police.

Link to story in Danish tabloid:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=da&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fekstrabladet.dk%2F112%2Farticle1591640.ece

(note: mand incorrectly translated to 'husband' instead of 'man/person')

The article also mentions Lukasz as an unreliable person who cheats customers according to inter fora. I am almost 100% certain that the writer googled Keten, and stumbled upon the thread on UKPS forums called 'Buying chemicals' - where I amongst other talk about the reliability of Ketens shipping policy - since this thread is on page 1 of googles search results.

Edited by pudidotdk

Well, isn't that just great...The last thing this hobby needs is another trigger happy idiot that goes on a killing spree with pyrotechnic chemicals.

It is really sad to hear about the incident, and more so if this leads to some finger-pointing towards our hobby.

One series of bombings in the capital city of India led to the banning of chlorates and made perchlorates super expensive and extremely well regulated. I just hope nothing like that happens.

It is really sad to hear about the incident, and more so if this leads to some finger-pointing towards our hobby.

One series of bombings in the capital city of India led to the banning of chlorates and made perchlorates super expensive and extremely well regulated. I just hope nothing like that happens.

From what has been reported in the papers he was using ammonium nitrate, ( no use in pyro that i know of ) which he said was to use on his farm (which he did have) it would be pretty unfair to use this against the pyro community,

im sure no one on the ukps forum helped or gave any information that would have helped create this attrocity.

unfortunately the internet is full of easily obtainable information and compositions that have no real art value, its all there, and it shouldn't be!

dan.

From what has been reported in the papers he was using ammonium nitrate, ( no use in pyro that i know of ) which he said was to use on his farm (which he did have) it would be pretty unfair to use this against the pyro community,

Unfair? WTF?!? There is no FAIR in this world. Some nut job decided that he needed to make a statement, Jeremy McVey did the same thing, this is history that we are seeing, over reaction is what he wants and look at all of you spewing out vitriol, shame on you all!

Ignore the little Nazi, go make some fireworks and celebrate your freedoms for the moment.

-dag

• Like 1

Blaming the pyro community would be an easy target for stupid people and lazy journalists, so yes the sh*t is on. One thing is always forgotten, we and other people will always be able to make energetic materials. The hobby pyrotechnician is however more prone to give up, terrorists are much more motivated. Sad but true. There ain't no way to stop beasts like this man in Norway. The worldwide weapon industry scares me a LOT more than any online pyro shop...

The worldwide weapon industry scares me a LOT more than any online pyro shop...

Yup, all us 2nd amendment nuts cause all the problems in the world, guns kill people, blah, blah. blah.... I know perhaps hundreds of people that own guns, not one of them have a criminal record nor would they use a gun illegally (unless we need to have another civil war).

An armed neighbor is a friendly neighbor.

-dag

Dag...with an ATF that gives thousands of guns to ruthless killer Mexican drug cartels, its obvious where the REAL problem lies. Lol. You can't sell a handgun over state lines without a bunch of government paperwork, but the govt can give thousands of weapons to demonstrated murderers in a border country to "see what happens". Lmfao!!!

Yup, all us 2nd amendment nuts cause all the problems in the world, guns kill people, blah, blah. blah.... I know perhaps hundreds of people that own guns, not one of them have a criminal record nor would they use a gun illegally (unless we need to have another civil war).

An armed neighbor is a friendly neighbor.

-dag

I agree with you on that subject partially. I wasn't pointing towards normal civilians that can legally own a gun. 95% of them know what to do with it and more important, what NOT to do with it. I was aiming towards illegal trade in weapons worldwide. There is no govt control, no license or ATF and most of the times, no good intentions to buy/have weapons. Selling millions of all kinds of weaponry to criminal organisations, nations that just can't be trusted, or name any other.. that is just making money of the world's cancer. they don't need them for protecting their property and family, (which is in my opinion a right of every decent human) but to kill people to keep their criminal business or religious/political ideology going.. THAT is what scares me. And guess what, those buy the most, and will use it sooner or later.

Im more shocked that they where so delayed in stopping this fellow. It said something like it took 30-45 min for police to arrive!!! I think this fellow was very well trained by someone and had a inside source ,to how fast the police could respond. This is the disturbing part ...

Sad but true happenings, that put a stress on the hobbiest , and drive prices sky-high for chem suppliers ( which directly effects all the chems that they sell, not just the nitrates)

Norway does have mandatory military service for all men. That's probably training enough.

I agree with you on that subject partially. I wasn't pointing towards normal civilians that can legally own a gun. 95% of them know what to do with it and more important, what NOT to do with it. I was aiming towards illegal trade in weapons worldwide. There is no govt control, no license or ATF and most of the times, no good intentions to buy/have weapons. Selling millions of all kinds of weaponry to criminal organisations, nations that just can't be trusted, or name any other.. that is just making money of the world's cancer. they don't need them for protecting their property and family, (which is in my opinion a right of every decent human) but to kill people to keep their criminal business or religious/political ideology going.. THAT is what scares me. And guess what, those buy the most, and will use it sooner or later.

It does not matter one iota if there are guns or swords used. In fact, if there were no guns, it would take an archer or a poleaxe to take a skilled swordsman down. We seem to speak about firearms as if there was some sort of evil attached to them. I can kill someone with a straw and I just drank from one not an hour ago, no evil attached.

What is the worlds cancer then?

-dag

If EVERYONE owned a gun..... people would be much more polite!

It does not matter one iota if there are guns or swords used. In fact, if there were no guns, it would take an archer or a poleaxe to take a skilled swordsman down. We seem to speak about firearms as if there was some sort of evil attached to them. I can kill someone with a straw and I just drank from one not an hour ago, no evil attached.

What is the worlds cancer then?

-dag

I must say you're right about that Dag. Haven't looked at this subject that way. People will always be fighting each other no matter what kind of weapons are available. The worlds cancer are the humans who are convinced they are always right, and a society that is all about money instead of living a good life together. Reminds me of a saying: ''God promised us a safe arrival, but no safe journey''

If EVERYONE owned a gun..... people would be much more polite!

No kidding, REAL polite.