APC Forum

Buell green

vladou

Does this composition exist? I heard some people spoke about it but I never found the formula. I'm looking for a good metalic green without Ba(NO3)2/ BaClO3 nor NH4ClO4. I made green and red Bleser Mg based stars but it sucked to roll with acetone. The stars crush too easily.. Maybe they would be harder if I cut them. Edited by vladou

I found the H.W.W green formula but it uses a lot of MgAl. Someone has already try it? Could I just replace the 25 parts of SrCO3 from the Buell red composition by 25 parts of BaCO3?

Does this composition exist? I heard some people spoke about it but I never found the formula. I'm looking for a good metalic green without Ba(NO3)2/ BaClO3 nor NH4ClO4. I made green and red Bleser Mg based stars but it sucked to roll with acetone. The stars crush too easily.. Maybe they would be harder if I cut them.

Could only find one metallic green without the chems you mention. Never tried it so I can't say how good it is. I fear you may struggle to get a good green without BN/BC/AP.

Name: Barium Sulfate

Source: Troy Fish

Barium Sulfate 35

Potassium Perchlorate 30

Parlon 20

Magnalium, granular, -325 mesh 10

Red Gum 5

NOTES:

Printed in Pyrotechnica VII. Bind with 50/50 mixture of acetone/alcohol. This is a good emerald green with slight yellow spark trail. It's a very good non-poisonous replacement for Barium Nitrate formulas.

Yes, you can replace the strontium carbonate with most any other carbonate to get the corresponding color. Green works well.

Thank you for your research optimus. I think I will replace the SrCO3 by the BaCO3 in the buell red composition and see how it goes..