APC Forum

New Pyro Website

Bangkokpyro

I put my new website www.bangkokpyro.com online a few days ago. The site is to be mostly devoted to traditional cylinder shell building in it's various forms. I have many many pages to add including tutorials, videos and lots of useful shell building information little by little over the coming months.

At present there are pages on the case formers I manufacture, safety, some basic shell building tables (that have been published before on other sites) and our 14 day shell building Pyro Holidays that will begin later this year. Some dates are booked for next year and I have had a lot of enquiries so if anyone is interested early booking is advised as we will only run the holiday 5 times a year for a max of 5 peole per time. Any comments, suggestions or corrections appreciated.

Edited by Bangkokpyro

Looks great. Looking forward to seeing some updates, and eventually saving up to come and visit!

I think you will find that it wasn't written by him but "borrowed" without permission from coppyrited material though definitely a good read

From the site:

"There are a lot of good safety articles published in the Pyrotechnic literature and on other websites but I particulary like this one by Bill Ofca a respected and acknowledged expert in the field of pyrotechnic safety. The following collection of essays are essential reading for anyone involved with pyrotechnics. My thanks to Bill for allowing me to reproduce them here on this site."

Thanks Optimus.

Nothing on the safety page apart from the introduction was written by myself.

ALL the safety articles were written by Bill Ofca and used with his permission. It will be a while before I get the time to complete the site as apart from making cylinder shells for small local displays and running the pyro Holidays I also have another business that take up a lot of my time.

I am currently doing a section on paper, string and glue, one of the basic and most important aspects of shell building and should have it online in around a week.

Nice web page Bangkokpyro congrats and best wishes.

It would be great if you can sell chemicals to my country. I am waiting for your supply section.

I have an amateur hobby pyro web page but i will post it when i can start new topic since i am new around here and don't want to hijack topics.

Is there a link exchange section on this forum?

I like the idea of the site very much! I see it needs lots of work, but I wish you good luck in its building! I will appreciate any new and useful info in cylinder shell building.

Looking good Paul, thanks for putting all that info together

I'll have a few of those exotic wood formers someday

I've been looking so long for something like this.:rolleyes:

• 5 months later...

If you love fireworks this is the holiday for you.

14 days learning how to build cylinder shells in sizes 3 to 6 inch single and multibreak as well as firing your own shells on a tropical beach. Visit Thai giant rocket and Girandola builders and see them made and launched. All this plus great food, sights excursions and famous Thai hospitality make this the trip of a lifetime.

Our April and May sessions are fully booked but we have a few places available still in Nov/Dec this year. Each holiday session is strictly limited to 5 people.

Visit www.bangkokpyro for full details

New pages on the site include an overview of shell building tools and information on paper, glue and string as well as a supplies page for hobby firework makers listing for sale in small quantities and bulk most of the chemicals used for fireworks.

• 10 months later...

We are coming into our second year of running our Thailand Pyro Holiday and already have only a few places left for 2013

June is fully booked now but we have some places left on the May and July dates.

Don't miss your chance for 2013 . We only run the holiday for 3 months per year to coincide with the rocket festival season in Sakgeow province.

For more info you can take a look at our website or email me

bangkokpyro@hotmail.com