APC Forum

Holidays in Malta

vladou

Hello,

During this summer, I'll go with two friends in the city of Qawra in Malta. No, it's not me who chose this destination but I know it is known for their fireworks. I will go from the 12th to the 19th of july. Is somebody of this forum from Malta and could tell me if there will be some fireworks shows during this period in this island? Could I visit some fireworks factory or buy some stuffs related to pyro?

Edited by vladou

As far as I know there are NO significant retail sales of fireworks on Malta. The firework factories are all attaches to a Church and they put on a show for their Saint's feast day. The big fireworks they display so well are not sold -ever! They are made by the Church factory and fired for the Church feast day. Don't even try to get fireworks out of Malta by air -with counter terrorism today this could be a one way ticket to a room with a bar impaired view.

Ok, I'll see on place. I was not talking about fireworks but some stuffs like chemicals or tools.

The big festifal on Malta is in the beginning of August if I remember correctly.

If you google, I think you'll find quite some information, English is one of their main languages.

According to visitmalta.com, it was on april 29th and 30th. I hope there will be another shows. Edited by vladou