APC Forum

contemplating a skylighter order

r1dermon

so im thinking of trying out one of those skylighter "kits" just for funzies. i've made shells before, but i've never ordered anything from skylighter, so im curious about their products...their tutorial on the red rubber stars was well written and provided thorough instruction, so im thinking of giving it a try...only problem is, it seems a bit on the pricey side for the amount of finished product. their claim is it will yield 1lb of stars...well, that'll produce about 5-6 3" shells, and from where im sitting, 5-6 3" shells can be obtained for much less than 10-15 bucks a PIECE. which doesn't even account for lift, hemi's, burst charge, fuse...etc...so am i reading this wrong? 1lb of stars with the addition of a 3 mesh screen, for 60+ dollars?!? i assume i could yield 4x as much (almost) if i purchase more strontium nitrate, but even then, it's still about 5 bucks per shell, JUST FOR STARS! does that seem correct?

http://www.skylighter.com/red-rubber-stars-kit.html

this is the first time i've contemplated using a "kit" of any kind...sooo...guide my newbness please.

so im thinking of trying out one of those skylighter "kits" just for funzies. i've made shells before, but i've never ordered anything from skylighter, so im curious about their products...their tutorial on the red rubber stars was well written and provided thorough instruction, so im thinking of giving it a try...only problem is, it seems a bit on the pricey side for the amount of finished product. their claim is it will yield 1lb of stars...well, that'll produce about 5-6 3" shells, and from where im sitting, 5-6 3" shells can be obtained for much less than 10-15 bucks a PIECE. which doesn't even account for lift, hemi's, burst charge, fuse...etc...so am i reading this wrong? 1lb of stars with the addition of a 3 mesh screen, for 60+ dollars?!? i assume i could yield 4x as much (almost) if i purchase more strontium nitrate, but even then, it's still about 5 bucks per shell, JUST FOR STARS! does that seem correct?

http://www.skylighte...-stars-kit.html

this is the first time i've contemplated using a "kit" of any kind...sooo...guide my newbness please.

PM me...

-dag

you'll save $$$$ ordering the chems from anywhere else.

Maybe someone can put it together for you :whistle:

you'll save $$ ordering the chems from anywhere else.

Maybe someone can put it together for you :whistle:

:whistle: