APC Forum

chat bug

madmandotcom

i just received a notice saying an error occured please notify an admin while trying to get into chat several times so that is what i am doing

i just received a notice saying an error occured please notify an admin while trying to get into chat several times so that is what i am doing

I get that error sometimes as-well, at the bottom of the forums there's a link to delete your cookies. Do that and it should fix that problem, always does for me.

Noting the time of your post here MMDC (1.08am PDT), I presume you were trying to get into Chat immediately before you posted. The Chat server resets automatically every day at 1.00am PDT and kicks everyone out, then it can take a few minutes to come back up, during which time you see that message. It's variable - sometimes you can get back in within seconds, sometimes it takes several minutes. It's not really a bug, just one of those unexplained computer things.

the restart happens at 5:30pm Australian central standard time which for some reason is a time when the chat is almost daily filled with Americans and occasionally one or 2 newzealenders allong with this Aussie

i have had this error well before the reset aswell Edited by madmandotcom

• 1 month later...
I cannot access the chat. Error given is "[#CHAT-02] You do not have access to our chat room." (rather nondescriptive!)

I cannot access the chat. Error given is "[#CHAT-02] You do not have access to our chat room." (rather nondescriptive!)

Probably because you hadn't made a forum post yet - the one above is your first. I see you're in the chat room now.

Yeah, figured that out; actually, I had suspected that, which is partially why I posted. But if it hadn't worked out, i'd have still found out!

(thanks, anyway :) )