APC Forum

TI salute burst

RamblesTheGoat

I know that flash powder can be used as a burst for titanium salute shells, but i have neighbors and flash powder would be too loud. Can I use meal covered rice hulls or maybe a slower burning flash than normal 70-30 flash powder?

Asnwer: yes bp can be used to make a titanium salute

Ramble: your new to pyro you cant even make bp leave flash for a couple years than think about coming back to it, if you can get perc and dark aluminium surely you can afford decent charcoal if you cant make it

Ramble part 2 : setting off fireworks (particularly when your first learning and will have many faliours that may be a fire risk and also generally wont please the neighbour ) near your home is a bad idea even if the manufacture is somewhat legal where you are, discharging them wouldn't be in an area where neighbour are a problem don't ride your bike, walk,jog,walk your dog,ride your bike with a wipper snipper engine on it,skip/roll/walk backwards,dance what ever similar mode of transport you chose to where you set off your fireworks. There is a reason why people say don't _______ where you eat

Somewhere safe would be good. If you can't test stuff in a safe location, you really shouldn't be testing at all. You could look for clubs in your area of the country. http://www.pgi.org/links/clubs.aspx I know that there is one in your general area of the country based on ip address. There are transportation and age issues of course. That aside, check with friends or family who live in the country. I can't necessarily recommend it, but isolated parks and fields tend to be popular as well.

That could be a sticky Mum, that is sage advice that we all could use from time to time. I suggest that you stat making gerbs or sparklers, easy to make and very forgiving.

-dag

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to find an at least somewhat isolated spot to shoot off my fireworks, and if I can't I'll just try to make sparklers and other smaller fireworks.