APC Forum

Getting ready for the 4th of July!

dagabu

What are your plans for the 4th of July? Are you shooting a show, going to see one or just lighting a sparkler? If you make fireworks, what are you shooting and are you going to spread the shooting over all three days of the weekend?

I'll start, I have 20 rockets with canister shells and some ball shells, inserts and stars will make up the field and I will be dividing the rockets over two days and will shoot a show on the 4th with my club.

-dag

What are your plans for the 4th of July? Are you shooting a show, going to see one or just lighting a sparkler? If you make fireworks, what are you shooting and are you going to spread the shooting over all three days of the weekend?

I'll start, I have 20 rockets with canister shells and some ball shells, inserts and stars will make up the field and I will be dividing the rockets over two days and will shoot a show on the 4th with my club.

-dag

That sounds cool dag.

I was going to shoot a nice class c show for my family, but in early june, we test fired a single shell, and one of our neighbors called the police like the small bitter man that he is, after screaming obscenities across the neighborhood.

"So does it make you feel important, lighting that shit off?"

So the show is now safe and sane.

I have some homemade gerbs that will be added to the show as well.

Good luck with your shows, everyone!

24- 500g cakes

38 -200g

Ball shells

100 -1 3/4"

70 - 3"

45- 4"

21 - 6"

just for the family, primarily the Grandkids.

no rockets :(

I've been building one of them Arduino controlled firing systems, I was hoping to have it done in time to set up a little pyromusical with 1.4 and homemade stuff for July 2nd. However I have run out of time and the show will be hand fired like in previous years. Oh well, less set up time, more time to spend with my friends and family, and generally I'll probably have more fun!

I always spend the 4th of July weekend on a very nice inland Lake in Michigan with friends and family, it's always completely epic. There is also a halfway decent (for such a small town) 1.3 display on the lake every year. Generally I do my fireworks right after the Lake Fireworks, then we sit around the campfire with sparklers. Better than Christmas!

i have been building a 1.5" multi break 3 breaks

1. 9 serpents 6mm id 1" 1.4grams each hopefully breaks like a flower or tourbillion/farafelle.

2. 10 16mmx10mm tt stars hopefully breaks like a willow or spider [stars are 5 at each end].

3. 4mm ruby red stars mixed with the break.

i messed up with the breaks i wanted the tt at the end for long lasting finish but we'll see how things go.

i also have 4 1"x1.5" tt commets fired as singles.

2 1.5" x3" cans crys 6 stars layered in the break for a splash rather than a spread as mumbles puts it.

and im trying to put a 2 driver wheel together got the drivers.

no rockets :( and nothing as large as you guys but then its not our day.

any excuse to shoot something off will do me.

dan.

I'm hoping to stop by some of my favorite stores and pick up some good stuff to fill the void of not being able to build anything. Other than that I'm just going to be seeing some friends and family. A friend of mine passed away not long ago, and they're having a memorial golf tournament for him. I was hoping to be able to do that, but I don't think I'm up to it physically yet.

I'm hoping to stop by some of my favorite stores and pick up some good stuff to fill the void of not being able to build anything. Other than that I'm just going to be seeing some friends and family. A friend of mine passed away not long ago, and they're having a memorial golf tournament for him. I was hoping to be able to do that, but I don't think I'm up to it physically yet.

We must play golf much differently, I drive the cart and drink beer, make lewd suggestions about sticks and balls and laugh uproariously at my own lame jokes. ;) Other then not being able to swing sticks, I dont see a problem here ...

-dag

Edited by dagabu

Don't get me wrong I can do that part just fine, especially the lewd jokes. It's more the whole swinging thing. I really just haven't gotten a chance to get out and try it yet. I don't want to commit to something I may not be able to physically do, as much as my mind would like to. I'm sure I could do it, but I'd prefer a bit of practice first.

Don't get me wrong I can do that part just fine, especially the lewd jokes. It's more the whole swinging thing. I really just haven't gotten a chance to get out and try it yet. I don't want to commit to something I may not be able to physically do, as much as my mind would like to. I'm sure I could do it, but I'd prefer a bit of practice first.

As long as the drinking arm still works.... ;)

-dag

This 4th (week) I'll be hitting up at least a couple different parties with family and friends. Everyone so far has gone out of state to buy up lots of commercial fireworks. But what I've done for them is contribute a few shells, rockets, fountains, super-sparklers, ground spinners and other nifty things that they just can't get in stores. ;)

At the parties I'll probably help with people's private shows assisting with setups. Arranging things, building launch boards, cross-matching and e-matching and that type of thing. I've already donated a couple spools of my "ugly" visco to a few friends so far for their 4th of July needs.

For my closest friends and family members I've made a few "noisy items" *cough* but only because I trust them and I know that if I didn't they'd probably get stuff from less reputable sources so I've done my best to engineer the "safest" way to be dangerous so to speak. Most of my work however has gone into (and will go into) shells and rockets. I like my rockets to have fins as I think it makes them look so much cooler in my opinion but when making lots of them sticks will do. I use mostly BP pounded in dry as a bone (messy) or KNSU. The headers are usually attached to the tip after the rocket is done as I've learned my lesson trying to build them right directly on top of the bulk head.

As far as the shells I've got the color comps I just need a few other colors to complete them and am also going to try to include some dragon eggs.

So far this is what I've got:

6 x 1lbs rockets with headers. Some flash + lots of TI, others stars and things, some pieces of flying fish.

5 x 1.5" shells fitted to the consumer-sized tubes that everyone knows and loves

2 x 3" commercial shells with stars

1 x 3" starmine with blue and white

1 x 3" red comet with a break at the end

A bunch of oversized black cats.

Some white smoke bombs

Will end up making some 6 foot sparklers and a bunch more shells and rockets before I'm done.

I actually made more then this but my problem is I like to test them (a lot :D )

Having a 4th of July party on Sat...

couple dozen "Safe-n-Sane" Fountains for the kids

10 500G Fountains

10 200G Cakes

5 500G Cakes

and

30 Shot Mortar Rack with 5 of them being Salutes as the Finale

REPEAT again on Monday...

Well ive made one trip to the stand and another is planned for friday. we usaully have a big block party and everyone bbq's and goes from one place to the other eating and having a few cold ones. there will be live music and fun for the kids. Then everyone goes to a hugh field and we all shoot of fireworks and have a great time.well every year we end up in a little friendly compation of who has the best fireworks. well my neighbor came by my house and we were talking and he had a grin from ear to ear and he said this year im going to win. i nodded and said ok. i kinda forgot to tell him about the 7 3" shells in the garage and the 8th im working on right now.

I will, of course, be shooting dangerous class B rockets in my small neighborhood while hoping noone calls the cops. Kidding. Here in Cali, there isn't much you can do legally. Guess ill have to wait for the next club event in September.

Can't wait to move out of here and get my license(s). Trying out new pyro ideas whenever I want without fear would be an absolute dream :D

Edited by PersonGuyDude

I plan on watching the one of the many local displays and flying my radio controlled airplane loaded with high power leds.

Here's mine.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5XBeQoLy-io

Here is my friend Pats.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=v1Vn-lI2QM0

Oh and I did stock up on some really nice fountians sold locally and plenty of people drive up to the indian reservation where you can buy any class fireworks you want.

Edited by Bilbobaker

The Florida (Clay County) burn ban shut down my show for this 4th. So I'm going to Maine to relax and I'll be watching the local show in Bangor Maine.

After this year's set back I decided to Join the Crackerjacks so I know I'll have a place to shoot legally.

A friend has 500 acres in the Pocono Mountains in NE Pa. and the 2nd week of September I'll be doing my show for about 300 people. If everything goes well I'll be able to shoot my own show there from now on.

Now i have to get all my guns shipped up from Florida.... I just spent $40 shipping a bunch of 3" ers down to Fl..........3 days later they enacted the burn ban..

I'm going to take a bunch of nozzleless colored fountains I made following the colored fountain project on SL's website. I'm sure even in Maine I can get away with lighting a few especially since we are in such a remote location.

I hope everyone has a great and safe 4th.

Question for the non-US members: Do you believe in the fourth of July or do you just see it as a good time to light all of your stuff off?

What I mean is do you care about the US's independence or just an excuse to celebrate?

My 4th starts tomorrow morning. Meet the crew at the bunker, get product for the weekend then load 3 trucks. Then it is 4 shows in 5 days, with work to do in 3 states, get back to the real world job for one shift, and another show on the 9th. I have something to do related to fireworks almost every weekend from now until September.

My 4th starts tomorrow morning. Meet the crew at the bunker, get product for the weekend then load 3 trucks. Then it is 4 shows in 5 days, with work to do in 3 states, get back to the real world job for one shift, and another show on the 9th. I have something to do related to fireworks almost every weekend from now until September.

Dang, busy week for you! We dont spool up with loading trucks until Friday. Be safe and get some sleep ;)

-dag

Ill be working a municipal show Friday...Saturday is the blowout at my buddys house in NH, then Sunday i have a Damn wedding to attend...Wtf people who gets married on 4th of July weekend?!!? Then the 4th Im working a private show, which still remains to be seen.

I've got some specials that i made for Saturday. 3", 4", a few boom rockets and some ground pounders.

Dang, busy week for you! We dont spool up with loading trucks until Friday. Be safe and get some sleep ;)

-dag

The good news is July 2,3, and 4 are for the same client, so we don't have to tear the site down after each show. We might actually some sleep, and we get hotel rooms so I can take a shower too!

Edited by nater

Question for the non-US members: Do you believe in the fourth of July or do you just see it as a good time to light all of your stuff off?

What I mean is do you care about the US's independence or just an excuse to celebrate?

Both.

I love our freedoms and thank God everyday for them.

I also like to celebrate every chance get.

Life is way to short to ignore an opportunity.

The good news is July 2,3, and 4 are for the same client, so we don't have to tear the site down after each show. We might actually some sleep, and we get hotel rooms so I can take a shower too!

Hey nater that sounds like a paid pyro vacation!

I'm shooting commercial shows on the 3rd and 4th, in two different states. After resting up, I'm doing my private show on Saturday the 9th.

540 consumer guns, 60 three inch, and 45 gerbs.

I'm planning it all to go in just under 25 minutes.

Kevin