APC Forum

Is this a joke?

Xtreme Pyro

OK, found this on another site.. after I saw it I had to share it with you all. There's a person on ebay selling two spots on a pyro barge for the 4th. The cost? $100,000! See for yourself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Up-4-bid-2-spots-Malibus-Pyro-Barge-4-film-crew-/140566277871?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20ba672eef

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE pyro but I don't think I would ever pay that premium. I seriously hope this is a joke.. 2blink.gif

Nope, that is about right for all of the rich people on the Left coast. The sad thing is that I have been on a barge putting a show together and was behind the container while the show was shot. Cost me gas money, they even fed me ;) I would rather see the show from 1000' away thank you very much.

Anyone wanting to have a pyro thrill, come to Minnesota, I will bring you to a show as my guest and make you work all day by my side, do security and a fence line sweep, watch only half the show while we chase a bunch of drunk kids away and then clean up all the debris after the show is over. Then we break all the racks down and carry them to the trucks, stack them and wrap up all the cabling.

Bed time is usually three AM.

-dag

What were you searching for to come across that? The sad thing is, that would probably sound like the equivalent of orbiting the moon to most people and they may be willing to pay that. My question is, what kind of person do you have to be to keep a clean conscience having charged someone 100k for something that costs nothing to supply? The used car salesman of fireworks. *no offense intended to the dozens of honest used car salesmen out there

OK, found this on another site.. after I saw it I had to share it with you all. There's a person on ebay selling two spots on a pyro barge for the 4th. The cost? $100,000! See for yourself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item20ba672eef

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE pyro but I don't think I would ever pay that premium. I seriously hope this is a joke.. 2blink.gif

That is insane.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item20ba672eef

Or you can volunteer for a firework show and experience the same thing for a bit of work. Man some people are stupid.

What were you searching for to come across that? The sad thing is, that would probably sound like the equivalent of orbiting the moon to most people and they may be willing to pay that. My question is, what kind of person do you have to be to keep a clean conscience having charged someone 100k for something that costs nothing to supply? The used car salesman of fireworks. *no offense intended to the dozens of honest used car salesmen out there

I wasn't searching anything, I was browsing the forums on another pyro related site and just happened to stumble on it (someone had already posted it). I agree, any normal minded person would have a hard time charging someone for something like this that doesn't cost the operator anything.

Or you can volunteer for a firework show and experience the same thing for a bit of work. Man some people are stupid.

Yea I shoot with a local display company, and don't have to pay a dime except gas. But that usually gets re-imbursed if I get paid. (I usually do 99% of the time, unless its a really small show).

Edited by Xtreme Pyro

• 1 month later...

Nope, that is about right for all of the rich people on the Left coast. The sad thing is that I have been on a barge putting a show together and was behind the container while the show was shot. Cost me gas money, they even fed me ;) I would rather see the show from 1000' away thank you very much.

Anyone wanting to have a pyro thrill, come to Minnesota, I will bring you to a show as my guest and make you work all day by my side, do security and a fence line sweep, watch only half the show while we chase a bunch of drunk kids away and then clean up all the debris after the show is over. Then we break all the racks down and carry them to the trucks, stack them and wrap up all the cabling.

Bed time is usually three AM.

-dag

Dag,

Minnesota resident here - looking at getting into building small shells and cans. I've done some searching, but I'm unable to locate pyro clubs in Minnesota. I'd like to be able to build safely and within the law. Can you steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Steve

I sure can! Go to our web site and fill out an application.

LINK

Welcome to APC, be safe and while you are looking for clubs, why dont you come up to the PGI convention for the week?

LINK

-dag

Edited by dagabu