APC Forum

AC/DC adapter - please help!

missile_man

Iv got a major problem here, check it out:

http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a...rproblemmb0.jpg

oh and also the wires were connected the right way which is something else to rule out. the light on one of the adapters was on and then went off when it stopped spinning. Both adapters are DEFINATELY nackered.

can anyone give me a solution to this problem??

Iv got a major problem here, check it out:

http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a...rproblemmb0.jpg

oh and also the wires were connected the right way which is something else to rule out. the light on one of the adapters was on and then went off when it stopped spinning. Both adapters are DEFINATELY nackered.

can anyone give me a solution to this problem??

not enough amperage in the adapters, get one with more amperage and you should be fine.

It requires more current? Its specifications are 0.15 A, the adapter supplied up to 0.5 A. Couldnt it be that its being fed too much currnet? Wouldnt that be like touching the +/- wires of the adapter together till it burns out?

It requires more current? Its specifications are 0.15 A, the adapter supplied up to 0.5 A. Couldnt it be that its being fed too much currnet? Wouldnt that be like touching the +/- wires of the adapter together till it burns out?

I had the same problem, i applied to little amperage to a battery, and the whole adapter burst into flames.

No, that could not happen, it would be like pouring more water into a glass that's already full. I also had a problem where my adapter burst into flames when I made a crappy ball mill and I had to much load on it.

No, that could not happen, it would be like pouring more water into a glass that's already full. I also had a problem where my adapter burst into flames when I made a crappy ball mill and I had to much load on it.

yea, thats probably because there isnt a strong enough capacitor inside the adapter to handle all the amps, which is the same case for me. You can get a really good adapter at radioshack that can handle up to 3 amps.

I guess something like a car/motorbike battery charger would work? They supply 12V and high amps i would think.

Thanks for the reply guys, this has really put my mind to rest.